Engine Power Reduced, Service Traction Controlled... WTF?WE ALMOST DIED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:06 AM
Default Engine Power Reduced, Service Traction Controlled... WTF?WE ALMOST DIED!!!!

I own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV. Driving home on a busy street at around 11:30pm, thank God it was late enough for traffic to be scarce. We were at a red-light that was about to turn green when the engine immediately stalled and my husband couldn't press the gas to go past 10miles/hr and error messages of:ENGINE POWER REDUCED, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILITRAK" came on. I'm literally still in shock and can't believe what happened. What if we were on the freeway??? We'd have been killed!!! Has anyone experienced this???? I am contacting my extended warranty and dealership. CADILLAC, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I am scared to death of my truck now! I sure hope this is being monitored!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Tech Certified Members

You are not the first person for this to happen to. There should be code(s) set related to the condition. Something happened to trigger default or limp home operation, that's why all the warning lights and messages came on. Engine has an electric motor to actuate throttle (gas pedal). When engine goes into "limp home mode"; the gas pedal is turned off in a sense so the engine just basically idles along. GM dealer should be able to answer your questions, when you take truck in for service.