Collections Is your hobby more of a collection than a project? Let's see it!

Our Collection - Lots of pictures, 56k warning.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Default Our Collection - Lots of pictures, 56k warning.

So, as some may or may not know, my fiancee and I collect Chrysler Corporation items. From a 1:87 scale toy car, to our 1972 Dodge Demon, we have put together what I feel is a pretty nice collection of both common and rare memorabilia.

It thought that, even though it isnt Caddy stuff, some people might like to see what we have put together in the last few years.

A look around the room:

Some close ups of various shelves and tables:

My Dodge Mirada table (we have a 1983 Mirada with around 500hp..it has made appearances in several Mopar Magazines)

Viper Collectables:

Some NASCAR items, including a Richard Petty Dodge Magnum pillow, sold in the late 70s. My dad bought it for me when I was an infant, and later that day ran into Richard Petty, and had him sign it. Unlike many kids who had a teddy bear, I had a stuffed Dodge, autographed by a racing legend.

Some more NASCAR items, including the chrome #43 Superbird, which is very rare, and made more rare by the Petty autograph. There are also a few other autographed items from modern drivers.

Some items of the new Dodge Challenger:

A few odds and ends:

Some more, including slot cars from the 70s:

The slot car set in the near view was sold in 1964, and it features two 1964 Plymouth Barracudas. The sets were issued to people who bought a 64 Cuda (or to Plymouth employees like my Dad, who found it in the attic back home and gave it to us)

So, ive excluded many of the detailed shots, but I am pretty proud of the unusual items, and the sheer mass of the collection.

Ive posted pictures of my collections at other sites, and have found that a great many people collect "toys", and dont talk about it much, so I thought that posting my collection may bring up more collections...[8D]

Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Our Collection - Lots of pictures, 56k warning.

you be happy to know that our P.D. choose Dodge Chargers this year to
chase the bad guys. city bought something like 25 cars this year.

the B&W cruisers demand respect ! ! !

Old 04-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

WOW, that is awesome Patrick, no matter what your taste is in cars that is one fine collection, I'd love to see it. I started buying Hot Wheels for my son when he was just a little guy and now nearly 18. Last time we counted we had over 500.

As many of you may know Dodge Chargers are built in Brampton, Ontario so it should be no surprise what the Police use in that district! Just don't speed if you ever pass through Peel Region in Ontario because you can't out run them.....even me on an Italian Tune Up run pays them their respect.

Come to think of it, Impalas are built in Oshawa and Crown Vic's in St. Thomas so every cop car used in America is built in Ontario, Canada, ....go figure.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the compliments everyone...we are pound of our little collection.

Here are the pictures of our full size collection. My goal is to have a mopar vehicle from every decade, starting in the 50s. We currently have 70s, 80s, 90s (2), and 00s...we have began looking at 60s models, but that will probably be a while.

The missus' truck (14.80s)

My 1983 Mirada (12.40s)

1987 Turbo Daytona (sold it today)

My stratus RT

My 1972 Demon the day we bought it (the engine is being put together later this month...woo hoo!)

1992 525i

1992 Turbo AWD Laser RS

I also have an old ramcharger, but its not pretty at all....

we too have the charger police cruisers...