Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Intermittent trouble at normal operating temperature

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Default Intermittent trouble at normal operating temperature

I'm working on a 1995 STS, doing a re&re engine to replace the oil pan gasket. While I have the car apart, the customer has requested some attention to other trouble spots with the car, including a complaint complaint is with the heater blower fan. When the vehicle reaches normal operating temperature, the blower fan shuts off. When the ignition is cut off and the vehicle restarted, the fan resumes working. Additionally, when the vehicle is hot, it presents trouble with resetarting and takes several attempts.

I am unable to read codes since the entire engine and tranny is dropped at the moment.

Where should I start looking to mend this problem?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ILIAS6571
I'm working on a 1995 STS, doing a re&re engine to replace the oil pan gasket. While I have the car apart, the customer has requested some attention to other trouble spots with the car, including a complaint complaint is with the heater blower fan. When the vehicle reaches normal operating temperature, the blower fan shuts off. When the ignition is cut off and the vehicle restarted, the fan resumes working. Additionally, when the vehicle is hot, it presents trouble with resetarting and takes several attempts.

I am unable to read codes since the entire engine and tranny is dropped at the moment.

Where should I start looking to mend this problem?
th e fan blower module ?