Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

I posted in the wrong forum earlier Water Sound in Dash 1998 sts

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Default I posted in the wrong forum earlier Water Sound in Dash 1998 sts

Good evening all! 1998 sts!
Does anyone here....every now and then when they are driving their caddi hear water rushing in the dash?? I know.....dont laugh...Im not losing my mind!!!!!!!!!
WHAT IS THIS NOISE!!!!!!!!!

Thanx you

Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: I posted in the wrong forum earlier Water Sound in Dash 1998 sts

well I am not a guru on the cars, but I am pretty sure the only water in the dash would be the heater core, and I doubt you are hearing that. I'm going ot take a guess the sound is comming from the left side of dash possibly? More when its cold? if so its an aspirator fan (but That doesnt really sound like water, at least to me). Also you may have vent doors (in the heat/cooling system) opening and closeing depending on temps.. that may be it.

Water in the dash.. that is a new one for sure if you truely do have some under there. maybe check cooling system level, maybe you are hearing air in the normal cooling system?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: I posted in the wrong forum earlier Water Sound in Dash 1998 sts

Check the evaporator drain. If partially plugged up, you will get standing water in the air box. The compressor is on most times to remove moisture from the incoming air so the humid air turns into water and must drain behind the passenger front tire.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Default I must be crazy too...

(I see that this is an old post...but it is the ONLY one on here I found for this!) I know exactly the noise you're referring to...because I just heard it in my '98 STS yesterday! I dont see any further posts confirming just what it was. Hmm. I know it sounds bizarre, but thats exactly what it sounds like! The noise is coming from the middle of the dash up by the firewall. It happens when turning either way, or stopping/going - gravity is moving it around in there. Its like the sound you would hear if you had a big pan with water in the bottom & slowly tipped it to one side or the other...like a soft rushing. Any other thoughts on this guys?

Old 11-14-2016, 02:41 AM

My noise is this continuing clicking sound, like something behind the instrument panel is trying to adjust or regulate something. It'll stop for a few moments and then start up again. I have another problem with heating that I've not seen posted, so I'll provide a new post for that. But I'm not sure what this continuous clicking sound is.. It's like the computer is confused about some setting or something.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:47 AM

My thought is, my messages are not reaching the forum, or.... my issue is extremely unique, since there are no replies whatsoever.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by maiahsdad
My thought is, my messages are not reaching the forum, or.... my issue is extremely unique, since there are no replies whatsoever.
I have the same problem with my 2001 STS It sounds like the blender is not closing it it's opening and closing