Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

2000 GM Cadillac STS 'SPEED LIMITED TO 145 K'(or 90 in the US) along with a blown fuse MESSAGE

Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
sh
Default 2000 GM Cadillac STS 'SPEED LIMITED TO 145 K'(or 90 in the US) along with a blown fuse MESSAGE

I am wondering if anyone would be able to offer me advice. My 2000 STS has a message reading that the speed is limited to 145 k. I took it to the Mechanic and he spent 2 hours going over it to try and find the problem. He said that there was a blown fuse, he fixed but could not find anything else. Once the fuse was replaced the message disappeared, until I drove away from the dealership then it reappeared. He said he checked the sensors behind the wheels and that the shocks looked okay,he checked the wiring all looked good----he thought it to be a communication problem. Has anyone else had this message come up along with a blown fuse?? I have noticed that the front shocks seem like they have no air in them, but this has been for some time and this message has just come up along with blowing a fuse?

==============

Moderator edit
title

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: STS 'SPEED LIMITED TO 145 K'(or 90 in the US) along with a blown fuse MESSAGE

Speed is limited in this way when there is a malfunction in the suspension control system. The PCM determines what speed to limit the vehicle to. Did the mechanic check any of the codes? Do you know how to retrieve the codes? Do you know how to reset the codes?Did the fuse blow again?

Old 03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
sh
Default RE: STS 'SPEED LIMITED TO 145 K'(or 90 in the US) along with a blown fuse MESSAGE

hi

Thank you for your response. Yes the fuse did blow again as I was driving away from the dealership and that is when the message reappeared. I did check the codes the first time prior to taking it in and there was C1252 and C1253. I am wondering if the fuse blows to limit the speed when maybe the shocks fail? Although the mechanic said all is well with the shocks, I feel the shocks are not performing well, it is as if there is no air in them. I will go to the car and check to see what codes are showing now. Would this help?

Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
sh

hi

Thank you for your response. Yes the fuse did blow again as I was driving away from the dealership and that is when the message reappeared. I did check the codes the first time prior to taking it in and there was C1252 and C1253. I am wondering if the fuse blows to limit the speed when maybe the shocks fail? Although the mechanic said all is well with the shocks, I feel the shocks are not performing well, it is as if there is no air in them. I will go to the car and check to see what codes are showing now. Would this help

Old 03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
sh

I just checked to see what the codes are now and they are
ABS C 1252 current
ABS C1253 current
U1056 History
U1000 current

No Amp codes
No DDM codes

DIM U1016 History

PCM P1652 Current

TTM U1016 History

These are all the codes showing. It may be that the fuse is not blown again, but the message is up.

Would anyone know what this could be or has had the same codes and problem

Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

These are the code descriptions:[*]C1252 - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction[*]C1253 - Right Front Normal Force Malfunction

A fuse that continually blows usually indicates a short imo. I think that a recheck of the codes would be helpful.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

[*]P1652 - Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit[*]U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction[*]U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM[*]U1056 - Loss of Communications with RSS

Well the mechanic is right, you have a communication problem, but why is the question. I think you should check the fuse. I would not suggest erasing the codes because the mecahanic needs to see them.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
sh

thanking you for your response. what is a short imo?
The mechanic has spend 2-3 hours trying to find the problem and is unable--the message still comes up and the car limits my speed to 145k. It has cost me 210.dollars and they have no clue as to why this is happening. So I thought maybe someone else on here might have had the same problem and it may save me from letting a mechanic spend another 2-3 hours or more and still not finding the problem

Old 03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

"a short imo" sorry about that, means that there must be an electrical short circuit in the system In My Opinion (imo)

Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
sh

Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 GM Cadillac STS 'SPEED LIMITED TO 145 K'(or 90 in the US) along with a blown fuse MESSAGE