Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

SRX 2010 Front Strut Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Default SRX 2010 Front Strut Noise

We have a 2010 SRX that in cold weather makes a load creeking noise when going over bumps or turning steering wheel. Our dealer replaced the strut mounts which cured the steering noise. The struts where then replaced to cure the bump creeking noise. That did not work as we left to go south it still makes noise below approx. 20 degrees. A friend said his brother-in-law had his 2010 struts replaced for the same reason and it did not cure the noise either. This noise is too loud to turn up the radio!

Anyone else have or had this problem? Is this a problem with all 2010 SRXs?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by NOsburn
We have a 2010 SRX that in cold weather makes a load creeking noise when going over bumps or turning steering wheel. Our dealer replaced the strut mounts which cured the steering noise. The struts where then replaced to cure the bump creeking noise. That did not work as we left to go south it still makes noise below approx. 20 degrees. A friend said his brother-in-law had his 2010 struts replaced for the same reason and it did not cure the noise either. This noise is too loud to turn up the radio!

Anyone else have or had this problem? Is this a problem with all 2010 SRXs?
Hi NOsburn,

I am sorry that the replacement struts did not remedy the bump creaking noise. Have you contacted the dealer to notify that the initial repairs did not solve the problem? I would be happy to look in to this for you if you can PM me your VIN, dealer, and contact information. If you cannot PM me, send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 03-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Default 2010 SRX Suspension Noise

The VIN number for our SRX is 3GYFNJE46AS570182. I have not communicated back to our local dealer, Bergstrom, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin as we left for Florida right after. But, it made the same creaking noise as we were still in 5 degree weather leaving town. Again, it started out with creaking in steering and going over bumps. After replacing the strut mounts the steering creak went away. After later changing the whole struts out it was still there. This is not pothole bumps, but going over railroad track kind of bumps that make the creaking noise.

I purchased the SRX from DeVoe in Naples, Florida and of course there is no way to hear that noise when the temperature only gets down to the mid 50's at night at worst.

Once you punch in the VIN you will notice the electrical issues. How can this car be on its 4th starter. Last starter went out in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 5 degree weather and stranded us for 2 days waiting for the car to get towed and a starter flown in.

Thanks,

NOsburn

PS Can provide e-mail for future correspondence.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by NOsburn
The VIN number for our SRX is 3GYFNJE46AS570182. I have not communicated back to our local dealer, Bergstrom, in Oshkosh, Wisconsin as we left for Florida right after. But, it made the same creaking noise as we were still in 5 degree weather leaving town. Again, it started out with creaking in steering and going over bumps. After replacing the strut mounts the steering creak went away. After later changing the whole struts out it was still there. This is not pothole bumps, but going over railroad track kind of bumps that make the creaking noise.

I purchased the SRX from DeVoe in Naples, Florida and of course there is no way to hear that noise when the temperature only gets down to the mid 50's at night at worst.

Once you punch in the VIN you will notice the electrical issues. How can this car be on its 4th starter. Last starter went out in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 5 degree weather and stranded us for 2 days waiting for the car to get towed and a starter flown in.

Thanks,

NOsburn

PS Can provide e-mail for future correspondence.
Hi NOsburn,

Thank you for providing me with the VIN number. If you can send me an email with your contact information, I can open a case file for you. Please email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line and we can further discuss how to handle the concerns with your SRX. Hope to hear from you soon.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 11-18-2015, 02:43 PM

Yes, I have same problem with my 2010 SRX, I have already taken my car to the dealer try to fix it, I spent few hundred dollars, but the noise still came out when the weather gets cold. Let me know if you solved the problem, if you did, please tell me how, thank you.