Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

RV Towing

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Default RE: RV Towing

Thanks. I'm going to have a male friend call Remco and find out exactly what I need. I know they are a reputable company, but sometimes they give women bad info or blow us off because they don't think we know what we're talking about. I went to Cadillac and they didn't even want to hear about it, though they did give me a phone number to call for info. If I come across anything for the disconnect, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
?

My SRX is a 2005 AWD model which I've flat towed uneventfully for some 20,000 miles now, using the Remco pump & the Watson Streetworks battery disconnect. My clock has to be reset after each towing, NBD.

Barry Rooker

Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Hey Folks, hope all is well. I am still playing around with keeping the computer up and running. I have done a ton of research on this and I have also talked with Remco.

Remco told me today that many people are having this issue with many makes and models. Remoc is working on a new wiring kit to fix this issue. For those of us that already have a wiring kit here is the solutions.

Solution 1. Change your 6 port wiring kit that came with the Remco Lube pump to a 7 port wiring kit. Make sure that all wires get hooked up like they were previously. This leaves you a spare port. That spare port needs to come from the motor home battery on a seperate fused wire and have an inline fuse and this new wire needs to run to your battery on your toad.

Solution 2. Purchase a 5 port wiring kit and wire. Install both on the motor home but only hook up the power ( center port ) on the toad. On the motor home you can hook up all if you desire or just hook center port up. Make sure it is on a seperate fuse and has an inline fuse. This will keep computers running because battery is being charged while motorhome is running.

Now for the good new for some of you. If you have an Escalade that is 2005 or newer Street works has a product that will work on your vehicle to disconnect the battery but keep computer running. Costs $99.00. I think it would be cheaper though to go ahead and change to the 7 port wire. You still have to pay a tech to install if you can't do it yourself.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 PM

I also have an SRX, although it is a 2010. And like yourself, the battery goes dead after a few hours of towing. Even the customer support for Cadillac hasn't been any help. If a battery disconnect works with a "hot lead" to connect to the computer and clock to maintain memmory, how is it hooked up? to what terminal?

Old 09-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Cadillac is giving us a few news about their brand...the new SRX is a very safety car and the price starts from $36,000U.S.

2012 Cadillac SRX gets a few interesting updates | Automotor Blog