Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

pep boys!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Question pep boys!

i took my srx for an alignment yesterday to pep boys and they walked out saying i have a leak and also that in order to finish the alignment they need to break a part on both sides of car in the back because it was too tight and they couldnt get it off but i have to pay for the parts because they dont have the tool to take it off. the leak id be ok with and gladly fix if it were there. Earlier in the day i went to chevy to top off my oil change i got 4 days ago but the car was a half a quart low already. gotta keep checking on that to make sure I'm not burning oil but they didnt see any new leak other then the one they told me about 4 days ago which was a power steering leak my husband can fix. we dont have the alignment equipment so we went to pep boys and they said now something else is leaking but no power steering is. i had the car checked by another mechanic who said no its the power steering and showed him where too and that they are just taking an $80 fix and turning it into an over $400 fix. My big question is should i allow them to break the parts on the car to finish the alignment and pay for the parts although they are fine and it was just them who could not successfully get them off?

this isnt the first time they did this to me. with my solara, i would bring it for an oil change and walk out needing leaks repaired and just random things fixed.

Last edited by SRXgirl; 04-17-2015 at 10:30 AM.