Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Small coolant leak by passenger side cv shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Default Small coolant leak by passenger side cv shaft

Hi everyone, I have a small leak I think above the ps cv shaft. It looks like its dripping onto it then rolling forward on the metal clamp then onto the ground. I'm thinking its coming from the metal heater core cross over pipes. But kinda under the subframe. Yes the rubber is wet on the cv shaft so I know it's somewhere other then then in the engine. So a few questions,
1. How hard to replace those cross over pipes, thinking about just replacing the t and running rubber hose across.

2. Can I use bars stop leak in it to temporally fix it till I can get it replaced or get rid of this money pit

3.why wouldn't it spray when engine running, it only leaks after the car starts to cool back down, after about 20 minutes, then only leaks about a baseball size damp spot over 4 hours now. It's parked on the road so the middle of the spot is the wettest then spreads out damp, but not a puddle.

I reached up in there but as anyone knows these cars hard to see where it's at, but fingers are wet after feeling the bend in the metal pipe. I figured if I can just bars dry tab it for a few weeks till I can get some money saved from my new job and offload it ill be ok, should only take till the first of the year to get the money. It runs ok but tranny is getting bad, not awful still runs ok overall. Anyways thanks for your help.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 AM

That's after I shut the car off and it starts to cool down. Also some guys like to ask for codes but it really doesn't apply here its just a leak.