Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Pics of my 98 sts and an update!!!! Check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Default Pics of my 98 sts and an update!!!! Check it out!

These are all pics from the previous owner, it looks even cleaner now that I have it As some of you know I have been having an over-heating issue, after performing the test, (which was done EXACTLY) as the instructions stated, the chemical did not change colors, therefore I would like to believe there is no issue with the head gasket. On wednesday, I will be replacing the water pump, the water pump pulley, belt etc. as well as the thermostat and both radiator hoses. Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Certified Members

dkorinko.... you got it goin on with the ride, looks great!!! good luck on wednesday.
rickyd

Old 05-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Yeah cross your fingers for me, I hope everything goes well! Thanks for the compliment on the car as well. I'm not the type to have big wheels, actually, this is the first vehicle I have ever owned that has had aftermarket wheels on it. But they look sweet, and don't effect the ride too much.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

Nice lookin caddy. I have a 97 deville and a 97 seville. Had to replace headgaskets in both. Neither of them tested positive for a bad headgasket with the fluid but that was the problem. Replaced them and been perfect ever since. Good Luck.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

Looks like you stole my ride and put rimz on it! ....OH, wait mines in the driveway. Looks good though and my 98 had just had the Headgaskets replaced not a cheap bill either but well worth it.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Did you have them replaced at the dealer? Or a local shop? If you don't mind me asking what was the final cost when everything was done? I'm just curious as to how much I am going to have to fork out if its the headgaskets that are causing the issue, and by the way, i have more pics uploaded in the "photo gallery" if you guys wanna check them out

Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Certified Members

The dealer was the only place in my town that would touch my Cady every one else said "No way in hell we will even look at it!" So a after it was all said and done the bill was $2839.29 . They had replaced everything with their parts and had given me a 3yr/12,000 mile warranty since they used their parts. Its a 20hr job plus another 6hrs to timesert the block (rethread head bolt holes). Cost of dealership parts is about$888.30 and Labor was $1951(26.3hrs total)

Here is a pic of the bill to see what parts are being replaced to give you an idea.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of my 98 sts and an update!!!! Check it out!-bill.jpg  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Wow, that's a steep bill! I bet your hoping you never have to do that again haha! Thanks for the posting up that pic, I'm sure it will turn out to be useful if I do have to replace the head gaskets, it will be a good way to make sure they are not throwing a bunch of of random things on there. Anyways, my car repair got pushed back till tomorrow..... so I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks

Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Certified Members

Yea, i hope not to have this happen again.

If you take the car to a dealer they will also want you too replace the rear main seal since that usually goes bad and causes oil to leak out (common problem as well) which is a 6hr labor with motor already out. if you decide to say no and do it later down the road its a 17hr labor charge plus cost of parts since they will have to pull the engine back out. So thats one of the things to look for. not a bad idea to just have it done that way you dont have worries about losing oil more frequently.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Certified Members

They may have been referring to the case half seal for the oil leak. The engine has a 2 piece block. The crankshaft is between the two halves. It is very common on that engine for the seal to go bad and cause a huge oil leak. Daddylac is right about the cost of it. I chose to do it on one of my motors when I did the headgaskets but not the other. Bad Idea. It leaks now and I will have to pull it and split the motor again. Prob a good idea for you to have done at the same time if you do the headgaskets.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 98 sts and an update!!!! Check it out!