Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Navigation Problems! Could really use some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Default Navigation Problems! Could really use some help!

Hello, I'm a newbie here. Let me tell you a little about my car than my problem. I have an 02 Seville STS with about 81,500 miles and loaded, including navigation. About a week ago, my battery went dead and a bunch of things went funny. My service left system and service tire monitor popped up along with my navigation going blank. I charged the batteryand everything went away except for the navigation was still messed up. It wasn't blank anymore but it tilted itself and said this: "Caution! Cannot load system software. Please insert correct disc." Or something along those lines. I could not do anything to it, no buttons would work. Also, when I would shut the car off it would stay on, the only way I could make it not run my battery down is pull the fuse. There is also no sound whatsoever. There is no chimes, dingers or what have you.

I pulled a few codes and this is what I got: AMP U1000 and NO IRC DATA. I took it to the dealer and they said I need a new navigation, go figure. I was looking through my service manual at some of the TSB's and it looks like theres one there. They say that it needs a software disc and they gave the part number. I put the part number in GMpartsdirect.com and ordered it, but it hasn't come yet.

Has this happened to anyone before? Do you think I'm going on the right track buying that disc? Also, could a bad amp be causing this? I checked all my fuses and they are ok. Thanks for any help in advance!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Default RE: Navigation Problems! Could really use some help!

Bulletin No.: 02-08-44-015B
Date: May 23, 2006
TECHNICALSubject:
Blank Navigation Screen, Intermittent Door Chime or Map Display Cannot Zoom in Closer Than 16 Miles in Some Areas (Update AVN Software)
Models:
2002-2005 Cadillac DeVille
2002-2004 Cadillac Seville

with Advanced Vehicle Navigation System (RPOs U3R [DeVille] and U3Q [Seville])
Supercede:
This bulletin is being updated with new ordering information for AVN software update discs. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-08-44-015A (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).
Condition
Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

^
The Advanced Vehicle Navigation (AVN) system screen may be blank.

^
The door chime may sound intermittently.

^
The AVN system map display cannot zoom in closer than 16 miles in some areas.Important: The software is updated using a disc, NOT through SPS reprogramming.
Important: This software update is for radio P/Ns 25734875, 25743430, 25744040, 25755059 and 25764007 ONLY.

Technicians are to update the AVN system software using an update disc, P/N 19115256. To perform the update, follow the instructions given in the booklet that is included with the disc. Do not turn the ignition switch off during the software update.
Parts Information
GM dealers must order advanced vehicle navigation (AVN) software update discs from the GM Navigation Disc Center. These discs will no longer be available from GMSPO.
To obtain an AVN software update disc, contact the GM Navigation Disc Center.
The parts listed below are for updating the navigation radio software only. They do not update or replace the navigation map disc that is supplied with the vehicle. Please order this part only as needed. There is a very limited supply of these discs available. Do not order this part for stock. This disc can be used to reprogram more than one vehicle.
The first update disc for each P/N is free. Subsequent copies of the same P/N for the same dealer will cost $50.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Thank you very much for that!
I have the old TSB for that and it only includes one nav. I actually just ordered that disc and it should be here today. Hopefully that will work!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 AM

Just got the disc today, it worked! If anyone needs one, just PM me and I can send a copy.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

thetruerebel

you got access to stuff that is helpfull and valuable.
i bet your skills are just as helpfull and valuable
your presence is highly appreciated ...

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to this site ...

Old 01-28-2008, 06:07 PM

I have a question that is somewhat related to this topic. Will the U3R unit from the Deville work in the Seville? What is the difference in the units between the U3R and the U3Q? Is this unit compatible with the Bose system?

Thanks,

Paul
Lake Elsinore

Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Default I have the same problem

It looks like I need the same part because my bose navi in 02 DTS requests the same. I dont know where to look or what to ask for. Can you tell me the part #? Will installing a 2009 disc fix the issue? I am at a total loss. I was only gone for 3 days and this is what happens? help!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Default NAV Disc

Hi guys,
any idea where I can get a free NAV disc copy for a cadillac Seville STS 2002. I just bought one and it's missing the disc. I tried to order one from the cadi site, but when I put my VIN it says my vehicle is not equipped with a NAV system. Very strange since the car clearly has the tilted screen with all of the nav function, but will not operate w/out a disc. Please if anyone can make me a copy I would greatly apreciate it.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Hi all,

I just got my 02 DTS Caddi back from the dealer and they screwed up my radio/navi.
It now says: Caution cannot load system software disk type incorrect please isert correct system disk.
Of what I understand I need the 19115256 disk or similar.
Does anyone have the disk available or have a copy of it I will pay for it if possible.
I will pay for the shipping too.

Can you email me and let me know.
antcor@gmail.com

I HAVE THE DISC IF ANYONE NEEDS A COPY EMAIL ME AND I WILL MAIL IT TO YOU

REGARDS,

caddi02dts
Thank you,
Anthony

Last edited by caddi02dts; 09-05-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM

!!!02pearlSTS!!! I just encountered this problem with my vehicle on a cross country trip from VA to CA and had no radio or music the whole way here lol. I was wondering if you still had the software disc to send me a copy if possible! please email me or respond bunce5811@yahoo.com is my email...thank you!

Quick Reply: Navigation Problems! Could really use some help!