Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Name the part?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Default Name the part?

So i walked outside to get in my car when I noticed that a part was missing on my 2002 seville, I have a picture of what is missing but I don't know the name of the part, its for the back window. Any help with this?

Attached Thumbnails Name the part?-007.jpg  
Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Certified Members

On-Star / cell phone antenna is what it looks like.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Certified Members

i think its the cell / on star antenna mount. the antenna is missing.
rickyd

Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by slowroll
On-Star / cell phone antenna is what it looks like.
Any idead on where I can pick one up?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Certified Members

ya kno .... on second look, i'll question if the mount is factory equippment.. not sure. is there a part # on it anywhere??

Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by rickyd
ya kno .... on second look, i'll question if the mount is factory equippment.. not sure. is there a part # on it anywhere??
I looked at it this afternoon and could only spot a number 12 on it, other than that nothing else was on it looking from the outside and inside of the car.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Exlinked
So i walked outside to get in my car when I noticed that a part was missing on my 2002 seville, I have a picture of what is missing but I don't know the name of the part, its for the back window. Any help with this?
Only too familiar with this part - its the antenna base for the On Star system and it gets attached to the outside of the rear window with double faced tape - it looks from your photo that you have the corresponding part attached inside of the window with a wire connection to the On Star system.

I have owned my 02 STS since new and had to upgrade the On Star a few years ago when they went digital. Recently the part you show came loose and wasnt covered by the warrantee with the upgrade. I was able to 'save' the system by adding some new doubleface tape which didnt affect the working of the unit .

The part isn't available without the entire 'dealer controlled' replacement - that is, the part you show isn't available as a separate unit from anyone else. The picture shows that you are also missing the mast part of the antenna - a radio shop may help there but I doubt it. You are looking at either going without On Star or spending over $200 for the dealer replacement. As to the latter, they will most likely get the whole kit and just stick on the new antenna (or worse - they have a bunch of parts that they got from a wreck and do it for free, charging you the full load.)

Lesson - do not run the car through an automatic car wash with the antenna up. . . .