Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

First Cadillac Dealer Experience - Not Good !

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Default First Cadillac Dealer Experience - Not Good !

This was the first time taking my car in for service. I just bought the car 3 months ago (2004 Seville) and I have the bumper-to-bumper until the end of the year, so I thought I’d get a couple of cosmetic items taken car of.

To say I was disappointed with the service would be an understatement. First, after dropping the car off at 8 AM, they didn’t call me until 5 PM to inform me that they would be keeping the car overnight. OK, they had given me a nice loaner, so no big deal. The next day, after not hearing from them, I started to worry that perhaps they had damaged something and they were trying to fix it (I'm pretty picky with this car), so I road out to the dealer after lunch and was told that the car was at the trim shop and would be back shortly. I offered to wait, but the advisor said it would be better if he just called me later, because he’d have to take care of all the paper work. No one ever called and when I finally called about 5 PM, he wasn’t there and I was told to check back in the morning.

The next morning I got a call that I could pick up the car and when I get there, the ONLY thing actually fixed was the loose truck lining. Apparently my compliant as to the loose headliner around the sunroof is just the way it is, the peeling chrome on the window reveal molding requires a special order, the sunroof air deflector problem requires a special order, and the interior C pillar molding, that was sticking out, requires a special order.

So in other words (this is what I told the advisor) is that you had my car for two days and all you did was re-attach the truck liner and leave my car (waxed last Sunday) covered in fingerprints (car is black). I haven’t had a chance to go over the entire car to see what else they may have done, but I did notice last night that the windshield top reveal molding is now loose. I called them this morning about this reveal molding and they’re claiming that they didn’t do it, but I could bring it back and they can glue it.

Now I have to decide whether I discuss my dissatisfaction with the Service Manager and give them a second chance (they’re apparently ordering the required parts and are going to notify me) or tell them good-bye and try another dealer ?

Not Happy …. Tom

Old 08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: First Cadillac Dealer Experience - Not Good !

That is bad service. But i can't say it never happens at our shop.
Some days all doesn't gothe waywe would like it.

If you feel they have quality techs and honest people up front i would stick with them.

I know when i have a personal connection to a customer it's more than just another car in my bay.
I may follow up on that car with the writer just because the owner spoke to me and said a kind word.
It's a fast paced business and you might be able to make the difference between average service and a great experience.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Certified Members

Having been in the bus over 30 yrs, yes that sounds like you got the once over, but I don't think it was intentional. Not that it should matter, did you buy the car from there? Some places work on "their customers cars" first. which is bad business. You earn customers.Anycase,are your parts on order? Lets see how things work out for you. I thinkthey will come together. Good Luck.
rickd

Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Tom,
If the parts are under warranty, and they want to keep it overnight then ask for a loaner. The only thing I had to do was fill the tank when I returned there car. If you are unhappy with there service go to the service manager and complain. If that does
no good then call Cadillac in Detroit and ask them why such bad service.
That being said, I usually slip the writer a 20 to get his attention. Most Tech will not except a tip. Altough that may not be true in your area. If you are in a small town and only have one caddy dealer then you may have a problem. But if you have more
that one available then Try other dealers. Some dealer sell more than one brand so they are at a disadvantage. Try to find a Cadillac dealer only to do service for you. Like FL Caddytech said try to form a relationship with the tech if possible.
Bottom line is Money talks so be ready to spread a little around.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wiscTom

This was the first time taking my car in for service. I just bought the car 3 months ago (2004 Seville) and I have the bumper-to-bumper until the end of the year, so I thought I’d get a couple of cosmetic items taken car of.

To say I was disappointed with the service would be an understatement. First, after dropping the car off at 8 AM, they didn’t call me until 5 PM to inform me that they would be keeping the car overnight. OK, they had given me a nice loaner, so no big deal. The next day, after not hearing from them, I started to worry that perhaps they had damaged something and they were trying to fix it (I'm pretty picky with this car), so I road out to the dealer after lunch and was told that the car was at the trim shop and would be back shortly. I offered to wait, but the advisor said it would be better if he just called me later, because he’d have to take care of all the paper work. No one ever called and when I finally called about 5 PM, he wasn’t there and I was told to check back in the morning.

The next morning I got a call that I could pick up the car and when I get there, the ONLY thing actually fixed was the loose truck lining. Apparently my compliant as to the loose headliner around the sunroof is just the way it is, the peeling chrome on the window reveal molding requires a special order, the sunroof air deflector problem requires a special order, and the interior C pillar molding, that was sticking out, requires a special order.

So in other words (this is what I told the advisor) is that you had my car for two days and all you did was re-attach the truck liner and leave my car (waxed last Sunday) covered in fingerprints (car is black). I haven’t had a chance to go over the entire car to see what else they may have done, but I did notice last night that the windshield top reveal molding is now loose. I called them this morning about this reveal molding and they’re claiming that they didn’t do it, but I could bring it back and they can glue it.

Now I have to decide whether I discuss my dissatisfaction with the Service Manager and give them a second chance (they’re apparently ordering the required parts and are going to notify me) or tell them good-bye and try another dealer ?

Not Happy …. Tom

imo, this is important.

its been two weeks .. what finally happen?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM

As an update as of today (8-16) ….

Someone from GM (?) called my home last Friday (8-10) to apparently inquire as to my service experience. I wasn’t home and my wife told them that nothing had really been done and that parts were on order. The GM women seemed surprised and my wife gave her my work number to call, but no one ever called.

I finally called this morning (don’t asked me why I waited so long … guess I wasn’t in a hurry to take it back J). They put me on hold as they checked and when they returned claimed that Sunroof deflector was in, but he didn’t know about anything else. I asked where they could possibly be ordering these parts from because it’s been over two weeks !! I said that two other parts were supposed to have been ordered … Chrome reveal molding around driver’s window and some part to repair the loose “C” Pillar molding. He said he would check and call me right back …. that was 2 hours ago.

That’s the latest update …… Tom

I’ll let you know what happens ……

As I was getting ready to post this, they called …. and told me that they just ordered the Chrome Reveal molding now. I was going to asked why it wasn’t ordered 2 weeks ago, but I first asked about the “C” Pillar molding part and was told that he’d have to check on that and get back to me @#&^%^$#. I’ll question him on how my invoice can state “Parts Have Been Special Ordered” on each of these items and they’re first ordering them today, when he calls back ????

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Well, they called back and said that they have now (today) ordered the"C" Pillar molding part. His only response to "WHAT HAPPENED" was that he was on vacation and this slipped through the crack. This isn'ta MOM&POP Cadillac dealer, so I'm trying to decide my approach (could use some advice) for when they do call and I take my car back in for the repairs. I can't believe that I need to slip someone a couple of bucks (cad03sts) for dealer service, but maybe I'm living in a different world ?

Tom In Milwaukee 2004SLS

Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

i be telling them that all this is being posted at this Cadillac site, in full detail,
item by item, date by date.

that the outcome, good or bad, will also get posted here.

then ask them, what would they like to see when someone googles their dealership?

BTW, who is the dealership?