Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Another Newcomer w/ New-To-Me Seville STS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Default Another Newcomer w/ New-To-Me Seville STS

Greetings everyone,

This forum looks like a great source for learning and sharing. I look forward to participating. I just came home with a 2002 Seville STS, 90,000 miles. Got it for about $1500 below KBB Private Party Value - that's based on me calling it "good," wherein a few things need tending to before it is really be "good." If I'm right about the small monetary outlay I'll need to dial it in, it is indeed a great buy. It needs right rear view mirror (just the glass), glove box latch repair, and probably a battery. It sat undriven for a while ... either the battery is done or there is a parasite drain. I'm hoping that the other known issue - flashing/inoperative Bose Sound - is a malfunction triggered by low voltage or some other upset that can be re-booted. I'm guessing that is the antitheft mode? I do most mechanical maintenance and repair myself, so it looks like time to learn another car. It drives pretty nice. Rather quiet and smooth. I'm impressed that the computer showed 28 mpg on my 65-70 mph short freeway trip home. The car is intended for my teen daughter to drive, but we don't have a four door sedan in the family, so it will see multiple uses; probably our road-trip ride vs. the 18ish MPG pick up truck or SUV. It's a pretty high caliber car for a kid to drive, in my opinion ... but my focus was on safety. To get side airbags, mostly higher-end cars were so equipped over 10 years ago. I was pretty focused on E38 BMWs (740i), but even at 50% more than this Seville, I was looking at higher miles and lesser MPG, along with guaranteed higher maintenance costs. So I'm pretty upbeat about this Seville STS being a pretty big bang for the buck. I'll try to post some pics soon. Many questions to follow ...

Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 AM

zippinbye
You did good! I was 40 before we purchased our STS from the dealer (awfully expensive)
My son drives the Caddie. Of course he wanted a WRT; Jeep crawler; TT; Bentley... LOL
I'll help him buy a beater (that's what I first drove)
We are just now making major repairs - tranny (BEWARE at 90K); H20 pump; hi-pressure PS hose; minor repairs - leather seat cushion repair; glove box lock; water leak in the trunk

You're going to love the ride!
The sound system just needs reset.
The rest of the list is Saturday shadetree work.

Welcome to the family!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Default Pics of the 02 STS

I said hello yesterday,but here's how she looks. 20 feet away - like new. Close up, badly faded hood with a 2" peel on leading edge, bumper covers have numerous scratches/flex cracks. No dents, 2-3 very small dings. A few paint chips here an there. Similar on the inside ... nothing ripped/torn, just 90K worth of wear on drive seat. Pretty sweet overall.

Another Newcomer w/ New-To-Me Seville STS-imag2481.jpg

Last edited by zippinbye; 03-21-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: sp