Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

99 sts SECURITY LIGHT FLASHING after installing R.I.M. module

Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Exclamation 99 sts SECURITY LIGHT FLASHING after installing R.I.M. module

well i started off by swapping a bad coil pack. After checking all coil packs by unplugging boot cables too each one my battery drained.

So i jump started the car directly to the battery in the rear seat. It wouldnt start after that, after reading up on it here it said that i had fried the RIM module. I checked it and one cable to it was disconected behind the rear passenger seat. I plugged back in and the trunk lights and dash speedometer finally started working.

But after a minute of idling and playing loud music car just completely turned off by itself. WTH

i checked battery terminals jump started a lil bit but NOW SECURITY LIGHT FLASHES even when key is off ignition as soon as i open the door. I checked all codes on the onboard diagnostic computer and even erased them. SECURITY light still flashes. Sometimes it reads ANTY THEFT SYSTEM SERVICE required. IDK im completely lost on this one. So far i know engine is healthy it idled real good not rough like before the coil swap.

ANY INPUT LEADING TO SOLVING THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

So far ive read that the PK3 key mite have lost signal, or that it myte be a bad BCM. ANYONE