Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

99 SLS won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Default 99 SLS won't start

My 99 SLS stalled while driving and wouldn't restart. I had to have it towed home and am trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

It is doing all sorts of weird things, I will try to remember them all. The Security light is on, the dash says "Service Theft System." The fuel pump turns off and on at random and the fuel pressure regulator keeps opening and closing.

The stats for oil, transmission fluid and average miles per gallon and miles left are all "---". When I hook up a scanner to the OBD II port the scanner says "No Link." I tested the scanner on another car and it works.

The engine cranks but that is it. I tested the DC current on the positive side with out the key in and the door ajar, and it pulled about 89mA.

I have tried to do some searching and have read some comments about the body control module and the engine control module. Could one of these be the problem?

It stalled once about a week before this happened, it started right back up and was seemingly fine, but the last couple days before it finally quit it seemed like maybe it was hesistating on acceleration. It seemed I had to give it more throttle to obtain the desired level of acceleration.

Also a couple times a while back the display would say, "Speed Limited to 90 mph." No idea if that is related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am completely stuck. Thanks.