Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

1995 sls vts problem like no other.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Default 1995 sls vts problem like no other.

Hello all,

I have searched and searched on this topic but have found no other that matches my problem. My started went out on my sls and i replaced it. Shortly after I started getting the whole starter disabled due to theft system problem.

I took the terminals apart and cleaned them well and tightened all the grounds and such and still get the problem intermittanly.

One day I kept getting it and thought thats it for sure, I loosened the positive terminal almost all the way and went to grab my keys and twisted it one more time and it started, I tightened the terminals and off I went. The next time I went to start it I got the same problem and again lossened the terminal and it started again............

So if the terminal is very loose the car will start everytime but if i tighten them (positive) it will give me the VTS warning.

I was going to bypass it but the way I read on adding the resistor to the wire from the colum only works if it is your key or the wires at the ignition and from my problem I do not think thats the case..............any ideas??

Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM

i dont know , but maybe on this site it tells u where and how to do this
measure the key resistor and put together a resistor to that value, then add it into the system

the key shuts off the starter.

question after u took the starter out of the vehicle did u test it

a poor connection or disconnect and reconnect acts like a computer reset so u could have a problem somewhere else but every time u do this u reset the complete system

Last edited by gmtechs; 06-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.