Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

There are over 500 Allante cars FOR-Sale - you read it correctly, this is NOT a typo.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Default RE: Cadillac Allante cars for sale ..craigslist, ebay, yakaz, google, google base, autotrader, salva

Yopu know, after reading the 3 pages listed here, it dawned on me as it did on Gary. If someone seriously asked "any" of us, "would you sell me your car?" What would be your answer?
I do believe that every Allante presently on the road is "for sale."
(Just like every thourabred (sp) horse)

Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Cadillac Allante cars for sale ..craigslist, ebay, yakaz, google, google base, autotrader, salva

Second time we seen this .. not one, but TWO Allante cars beind sold together.
The first time I saw this was up by Bill's near Illinois?
here we have a '92 and a '93 with hard top in CA.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/677920276.html

Name:  ALLANTE061.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  139.5 KB

Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Certified Members

I had wondered what is up with the values dropping .. the negativity is big, in non-Cadillac sites.

read on ...

"The 1993 Allante is an electronic disaster"

What things have gone wrong with the car? The rear pull-down top motor had to be replaced.The passenger side 'quick down' window regulator was replaced.The automatic 'up-down' radio aerial motor was replaced.The crankshaft sensor and MAP sensor were replaced.The fourth range up-shift solenoid kit and attendant computer chip had to be replaced. Dealer on first try failed this installation completely!The drive train computer had to be replaced.The CD read head no longer works. This is a $600.00 plus repair.The vehicle has inexplicably 'gone dead' two times and had to be trucked into the dealer for service.

General comments?
This vehicle is a liability and I am earnestly in process to get rid of it.
Cadillac Division of General Motors deserves a huge expletive for allowing this machine to be sold.
I will never buy another Cadillac Division automobile...ever.

"Beautiful 1993, fun, but dangerous"

What things have gone wrong with the car? If the automobile sits in the sun and car temperature goes up, the doors refuse to unlock from inside and the driver and passenger cannot exit the car. This happened also on my 1991 Allante. It is a potentially dangerous situation. Cadillac knows and has published info and manufactured a replacement part which can no longer be obtained. Should be a recall.
"Nice for the price I paid, but will sell her"What things have gone wrong with the car? Needed a water pump when first acquired, the electronic system is a nightmare and the panel is constantly saying my turn signals and brake lights are out which they are not. Also says I need washer fluid which was filled. I'd like to take a hammer to that panel! And I can't read the digital speedometer, it comes on when it feels like it. Sun visors are loose.Seat-belts are a horror story! Motor for the top does not work, you have to manually push it down and hope it locks in place.

General comments?
So many problems for a Cadillac that started out at $65,000.00. Thank God we got it in a trade deal and did not pay much for it. I will have fun with it for awhile then dump it

Old 10-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth
hundreds of Allantes FOR-SALE
Any and all years of the Cadillac Allante .. 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1990.5, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1993 V4J
it is a buyer's market for this non-collectible collectible.[/URL][/i]
I ask, in the hopes I am missing something. Is there a way to search Craig's list for -ALL- Allantes, wherevever they may be be in the U S of A? Or, do you really spend hours searching the listings city/area by city/area? That could take a lifetime!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

some of the links still work ...

there is method to nest a google search with other sites ...
when i get a chance i will see if i can rebuild that type of search assuming Google still allows it ...

Old 10-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Smile Want one.

I am looking for a hard top to buy, 1990 1/2 Allante.