Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

Soft/Hard top pull down Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Default Soft/Hard top pull down Motor

Went to latch my soft top and when the pull down motor got to "Bottom" the pull down motor kept running. Unlatched the soft top and the latch asy. did not return to top, however the soft top released. I pushed down on the switch within the latch asy. and motor stopped - Let the switch return motor kept running and latch would not return to uppermost position.

I am thinking acuator is fried, but hoping for a miracle. I have note answered or posted for about a year and though there was one or two threads but could not find them.

Thanks!

Yogi

Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Yogi
Went to latch my soft top and when the pull down motor got to "Bottom" the pull down motor kept running. Unlatched the soft top and the latch asy. did not return to top, however the soft top released. I pushed down on the switch within the latch asy. and motor stopped - Let the switch return motor kept running and latch would not return to uppermost position.

I am thinking acuator is fried, but hoping for a miracle. I have note answered or posted for about a year and though there was one or two threads but could not find them.

Thanks!

Yogi
have you tried the SWITCH on the under side of the soft top cover ?
what happens then?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM

When I disconnected the two wires from the soft top switch, the pulldown motor stopped running. I tried to cycle the latch using the switch and I could not get the motor to engage when I applied pressure to the up side of the switch. The motor would only run when I was applying pressure to pull the latch down. I grounded the black wire at the soft top position and the motor kept running.

More suggestions?

Thanks!

Yogi

Old 03-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Spoke with Dick Hussey and he indicated he felt that the acuator had stripped so I purchased a rebuilt one from him. Will update thread as soon as I get it installed.

Thanks!

Yogi