Added another to my Fleet

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Default Added another to my Fleet

Was at a big classic Cadillac show on Sunday at one of the largerst dealers in Toronto, City Buick Cadillac,We spied this immaculate 93 Fleetwood they took in trade, one owner car originally sold at that dealer. My son who is 19 fell in love with it. I called Monday morning and they brought the car down to my office and we went for a test drive. I offered them $1,700 and it's ours being dropped off today. Talk about impulse spending! I don't know what i'm doing with it yet, I 've got 5 cars now.

Havea look a few shots from Sunday when we saw it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2406/D80E60129A514959BE0BEE4A449BDD1A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2406/CF31E7AE877346679AA458EA2271C2F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Added another to my Fleet

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Was at a big classic Cadillac show on Sunday at one of the largerst dealers in Toronto, City Buick Cadillac,We spied this immaculate 93 Fleetwood they took in trade, one owner car originally sold at that dealer. My son who is 19 fell in love with it. I called Monday morning and they brought the car down to my office and we went for a test drive. I offered them $1,700 and it s ours being dropped off today. Talk about impulse spending! I don t know what i m doing with it yet, I ve got 5 cars now.

Havea look a few shots from Sunday when we saw it.

When I was 19, I LOVED cars with big back seats, they save me a lot of $'s.
What are you going to do with it? Tint the rear windows and give it to the 19 year old, of course.

$1,700 for that sounds like a super buy.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Well as my son said said the scrap value of the hood is $1,700! Four brand new tires, it has a brand new battery and lots of new hoses and metal lines under the hood. I drove it on the Highway up to 120km (75 mph) and it was rock steady, not even a quiver in the wheel, stopped straight and true, I don't think the back seat has been used YET! I was going to give it to my son but I like it better than my Deville.

They had the car for 4 days as it came in on trade and was going to the public auction. I figure the made $1000.

Thanks for fixing the pics, I still have uploading issues.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 PM

congrats, im 19 and have a blue '94. Belive me if your son gets that hes ganna be the new pimp on the block. Where ever i go i get complements. turely my favorite car.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1989 fleetwood

congrats, im 19 and have a blue '94. Belive me if your son gets that hes ganna be the new pimp on the block. Where ever i go i get complements. turely my favorite car.
Well it is a 185 HP 300 ft lb 350 TBI, not the LT 1 but this thing lays rubber like a drunken sailor. Torque is torque and I think the LT 1 and TBI have the same. Anyway Jr. will be getting it unless I keep it but if I do he gets a N* Deville. I'll tell him that '1989 fleetwood' is 19 too, maybe he'll join the forum.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Certified Members

nice find katz.... very elegant

Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Rick, had the car for two days at my office, told my wife at dinner tonight, I'll never figure out women, she wants my Deville now!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Thanks Rick, had the car for two days at my office, told my wife at dinner tonight, I'll never figure out women, she wants my Deville now!
you are lucky that is ALL she wants.

wait till she starts lurking in the site.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Boys, I have to tell you that piloting this Fleetwood around is shear joy, it has my Deville covered in ride and noise level and although it has the L05 5.7 TBI and everyone raves about the LT1 5.7 I can't imagine needing any more power. Of course the two engines produce similar torque so that's what moves a big Caddy. It's also got this crazy 2.56 axle ratio and despite that moves out smartly around town and a real long distance cruiser on the highway.

The previous owner was Ken Schrotter, a elderly man who must have knee jerked on gas prices. This car has been well taken care of and on top of that it had only one recorded warranty job, a child seat restriant bolt installation, had to bea recall. It just had a new battery installed in November 2007 and he left the warranty for that for me as well. I may just create a new user name 'Schrotter's Fleetwood'.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Very nice, conratulations! Definitely the last of the big Cadillacs. How many miles? Does it have all the original paperwork like the Window sticker? I'm always into the little items like that with these one owner Caddys.

Steve

Quick Reply: Added another to my Fleet