Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mako555
I also just recently upgraded from a Yukon to and escalade and my rear passenger door handle is broken and separating from the door. It is frustrating because i purchased an extended warranty on this 2008 but this isn't covered. My GMC Yukon never had this issue and I had that for 4 years. Any suggestions?

UOTE=halldb10;43787]My 2007 door handle broke a couple days ago also. I also own a 2009 STS and the drivers seat motor went on that. I had to pay to repair it and now the rear inset on the driver's seat is falling out. Paid too much for these vehicles for the cosmetics to be so frail.
[/quote]

I would recommend talking to your local dealership about this since you have recently purchased the vehicle they might be able to work with you on this.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Default Owned for a year... All four handles broken now...

So I bought my 2007 last year... and guess what... within the last month, all 4 handles are broken...

Bought at a GMC dealer here in Peoria, AZ and have been told that I'm out of luck basically... Over $1k to repair...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Great forum!

Old 04-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Default my passenger door handle just came off

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
halldb10 and jhg66,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Have either of you been to the dealer for this issue? If you have not, I would suggest visiting your dealer to see what they can do for you. Please get back to me with this information and we will go from there.

Thank you,
Evan, Cadillac Customer Service

Evan is this a common thing that a passenger door handle will come off of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade?? I am located in Long Island. The dealers here do not want to repair anything for free or cheap. Can you recommend a dealer and contact person

Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by caddylimo
Evan is this a common thing that a passenger door handle will come off of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade?? I am located in Long Island. The dealers here do not want to repair anything for free or cheap. Can you recommend a dealer and contact person
If you would like to provide me with your zip code, I would be happy to provide you with a list of dealerships you can take your Escalade to about the door handles. Please, let me know how far you are willing to drive.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Default my zip

My zip is 11754

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
If you would like to provide me with your zip code, I would be happy to provide you with a list of dealerships you can take your Escalade to about the door handles. Please, let me know how far you are willing to drive.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 06-11-2012, 05:41 PM

I too have a 2007 Escalade that is experiencing the same engineering defect as many others have mentioned in this blog. My front right passenger door handle has almost fallen off completely and is just hanging on by the screws on the left side of the handle. I contacted my dealership where I bought it new, Boulevard Cadillac (formerly Coast) in Long Beach and they agreed that it has been problematic but said that it s way out of warranty (65,748 miles) and would cost me between $250-$280 to repair. I was a little dismayed coming from a family of "proud" Cadillac owners where between my dad, me, brother and sister we have purchased "dozens" of Cadillacs over the past 50 years and quite frankly until now have been very happy with Cadillac's customer service. Is there anything Cadillac is willing to do to help me with this engineering (not warranty!) issue with my Escalade? Thank you for your consideration, Casey Crane.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Default Cadillac Cust Service

Did you receive my reply to your questions? I can't find my reply so I think if evaporated in Cyber Space. If they didn't get to you please let me know so I can send again.
Thanks,
Casey Crane

Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Hi Michelle,

I've sent you a couple of notes in reply to your request. Is there any more information I can get for you so we can move this along? My door handle is just hanging on and would like to get it fixed before it comes off entirely. I appreciate any and all assistance you can offer and don't mean to be "pushy", I'm just concerned about losing the handle.
Thank you,
Casey Crane

Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Default Cadillac Build Quality

I have to agree with many of you I am very disappointed with my 07 Escalade's build quality. I have already replaced one door handle and now just had another one break. Along with squeaky hub caps and other minor things that you should not even have to think about on a truck that costed 60k. This is my first cadillac and will likely be my last.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:03 PM

anything wrong with the 09 model that i should know about ??
\

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade