Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

2000 Escalade Iginiton Module: Help with Security System/No Start....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Default 2000 Escalade Iginiton Module: Help with Security System/No Start....

I have a 2000 Escalade, every so often it will start, run for about 1/2 a second then die. When I go to restart, it just turns over. In the past, i'd let it sit for several hours then it starts right up. Runs fine for months, then does it again. I read on here almost a year ago about someone having a similar problem and it turned out to be the Security system. They posted a method to reset it, (something like, turn the key to the on position for 15-17 minutes remove key open and close door then it should start). Is this the correct procedure, or am I missing a step? I've spoken with several other GM Truck owners that have experienced the same problem. Most of them had to have the Alarm System replaced. Please give me more insite to what this may be, and how to correct it. Thanks in advance

mod edit
title

Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Help with Security System/No Start....

Do you have 'security' or SES light on? What is fuel pressure and will it hold? What is it when truck wont start? What is condition of cap, rotor, and wires?

Old 12-27-2008, 04:46 PM

i had a complete tune up less than a year ago (wires cap rotor distrib replaced.) new fuel pump year and half ago.
the security light id no illuminated once i try to start it. I'm not sure what the fuel pressure is, I do not have the tool to test that.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Certified Members

You really need to find out what you are missing when truck wont start: spark or fuel. There maybe codes stored although SES light is not on. Theft deterrent faults will not always turn on SES. Fuel pressure gauge and spark tester can be found at most auto parts stores. An FSM would be great to have. Things to look at: coil wire routed too close to engine bracket and crank sensor connector for oil leak or corrosion.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM

I had it towed to my Mechanic, it turned out to be the Iginiton Module. Thanks again for your help.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default 2000 Escalade Iginiton Module: Help with Security System/No Start....

Than you for the update .. it may help someone else ...

ORIGINAL: 8yroldlac

I had it towed to my Mechanic, it turned out to be the Iginiton Module. Thanks again for your help.
ORIGINAL: 8yroldlac

I have a 2000 Escalade, every so often it will start, run for about 1/2 a second then die. When I go to restart, it just turns over. In the past, i'd let it sit for several hours then it starts right up. Runs fine for months, then does it again. I read on here almost a year ago about someone having a similar problem and it turned out to be the Security system. They posted a method to reset it, (something like, turn the key to the on position for 15-17 minutes remove key open and close door then it should start). Is this the correct procedure, or am I missing a step? I've spoken with several other GM Truck owners that have experienced the same problem. Most of them had to have the Alarm System replaced. Please give me more insite to what this may be, and how to correct it. Thanks in advance