Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Rebuilding window mechanism - need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Default Rebuilding window mechanism - need help

I am working on the 76 Eldorado convertible my father bought new, which I inherited. The windows do not close straight and the rear driver side window does not go down at all. I am not experienced in auto repair but want to do this myself because it is my dad's car.

I was able to get the front passenger door card off and there is a roller that moves in a track that has a worn out center rod. The window goes up and down fine, but since the center rod is bent it does not go up straight. I've attached a photo. I believe I could replace it myself, but am having trouble finding the parts. Spent some time looking at online parts sites, but no luck. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Also, have not been able to figure out how to get at the rear window mechanism. I am sure there are screws somewhere that I need to remove but can't find them. If you know how to do this, please let me know. I am sure I will need parts for this as well.

I'd like to rebuild the window mechanisms on all four window to get them all set up. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding window mechanism - need help-photo-4-.jpg