Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

New Owner Checking In

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Smile New Owner Checking In

Hi all, I am a first-time Cadillac owner and I am starting with a '99 Eldorado ETC. I bought it used off a 'sell it yourself' lot. There are only a few things not to like, none serious.
I have a couple of basic questions. Why would I turn 'on' or 'off' Traction Control and Stability Control? There is a button on the overhead panel labled 'ASC', when I press it it turns red until I press it again, what does it do? The owners manual doesn't mention it and my local mechanic doesn't remember seeing it before. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Default ASC is the after market sunroof

Originally Posted by eloliver
Hi all, I am a first-time Cadillac owner and I am starting with a '99 Eldorado ETC. I bought it used off a 'sell it yourself' lot. There are only a few things not to like, none serious.
I have a couple of basic questions. Why would I turn 'on' or 'off' Traction Control and Stability Control? There is a button on the overhead panel labled 'ASC', when I press it it turns red until I press it again, what does it do? The owners manual doesn't mention it and my local mechanic doesn't remember seeing it before. Thanks in advance.

ASC is the after market sunroof
If the button is red, it won't close when the ignition is shut off.
if its not red, it will auto-close when the ignition is shut off.

traction control in most cars is under the pcm override in test ps24, pressing warmer will disable for next 11 ignition cycles. taking out the ABS fuse also disables it and the anti-lock brakes as well.
why would you? track racing ..

traction control is not what many think it is .. it is basically designed to keep you from smoking the tires and losing control on take off, whereas ABS is designed to keep you from locking the brakes on stopping.

Last edited by Stealth; 02-10-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 AM

Thanks Stealth, My mine is much eased, I'll just let the computer do it's thing and not worry.