Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Important question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Default Important question...

I have a 97 eldorado and i am thinking about tradeing it in for a 2007 dts... do you think this is a good deal. let me know what you honestly think. is the eldorado i have a better car? i think the newer the better but i could be wrong...

Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Default RE: Important question...

i guess you can say that the 07 dts is newer for sure and maybe better because it hasn't been used, but depends on what you like. they will most likely rip you off for the Eldorado at the dealership only giving you a few grand for it. You might as well sell it yourself or if it runs good keep it. I seen the all black rag top vintage edition 07 DTS and i thought it was the nicest lookin car, it looked like not even rolls royce/bently can touch it.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: marsprev

I have a 97 eldorado and i am thinking about tradeing it in for a 2007 dts... do you think this is a good deal. let me know what you honestly think. is the eldorado i have a better car? i think the newer the better but i could be wrong...
Easy easy easy ..
buy low, sell high.

but .. how many miles on the '97 ?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:21 AM

If you are selling 'low' , than let me know. My wife has always loved her 97 Eldo. Maybe I can
get yours cheap and have one for myself, lol. Ever had any overheating problems with it?

And as Stealth asked, How many miles on it? Wife's only has 63,000 on it.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:33 AM

My eldorado has 76000 miles on it. never had a serious problem with it at all.no overheating or nothing. im trying to get 7000 for it right now. thats below kelly blue book. if you want to make some offers let me know. i havent sold it yet.

marsprev

Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 AM

Well, 97 Eldos in my area are currently going for around $6,500 to about $7,200 depending
on options. I would probably be interested except for the fact that I live in Pennsylvania
and although you might be selling a very good Eldo, we are just too far away to make a
purchase commitment. The shipping charges to get it here would be too much, and ,of course, I would have to buy it site unseen. If I were closer though, I would check it out.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM

dont worry about it. im trying to sell it though any good sites you think i shd put it on?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 PM

craigslist.org

Old 05-30-2008, 12:02 AM

I would have to agree with NAFTA that craigslist would probably be my first choice since
people in your local area can contact you about it. Although alot of people list cars on
eBay motors too , it just seems that it would be a hassle to me to try to sell a car on an
online auction then not get paid and have to keep listing it again till you get an honest
winning bidder. I have bought and sold many small items on eBay, but never tried to buy
or sell a car on there.

You can, of course, list it here on the forum in the private seller area also.