Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

Exhaust For 91 Eldy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Default Exhaust For 91 Eldy!

I'd like to say I know alot about cars for a girl, more specifically- I like to think Iknow a fair share about Caddys. But, when it comes to exhaust... I'm clueless. Flowmaster, Magnaflow. I guess it would help if I knew what I was looking for. Definately Duels, not too loud, but noticable, ya know? Help???

Old 06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Exhaust For 91 Eldy!

If you don't want too loud prbably should stay away from flowmasters. Check with our sponser magnaflow. Some of these sites will give you sound bites of their exhausts on different cars. There is also borla and corsa of course.
I have asked foxpaws to chime in as she is our resident expert on exhaust.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 PM

My Grandfather owns theTop Gun Mufflers here in Florida, so I have access to both. They specialize in Flowmaster and MagnaFlow. So I've been thinking "MagnaFlow Duals... What do you think about turn-downs? I know I dont want an x-pipe becuase I have great gas milage, and DONT WANNA LOSE IT. Plus, I'll be getting a new catalytic converter. And since the Eldy only have one muffler out the back, I'm already shellin it out to have it completly redone from there.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Here is an earlier quote from foxpaws. I'm sure she will chime in soon.

quote foxpaws

Custom exhausts really don't cost that much more than an 'out of the box' solution - and if you find a good exhaust shop, they can tune the exhaust to how you want it to sound...

This is mine https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_11819/tm.htm

And how it sounds (it sort of overwhelmed my computer's microphone)
http://download-v5.streamload.com/13...r/allante3.mp3

I wanted something very throaty at the low end - but at highway speeds it flattens out, I didn't want to listen to a lot of drone when I have the top down for long trips.

Good luck - I am sure you can find something that works for you.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM

I've just heard of something amazing! Gold Tips! How do these sound, if any difference. Do you know anything about these? (keep in mind, alot of trim on my car IS gold, as well as chrome- so it wont look tacky.)

Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CadillacGirly

I've just heard of something amazing! Gold Tips! How do these sound, if any difference. Do you know anything about these? (keep in mind, alot of trim on my car IS gold, as well as chrome- so it wont look tacky.)
No sound differential as far as I know, just for appearance. Probably look nice though.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 AM

The only bad thing I heard was they're hard to keep clean, but I was wondering if anyone had them that knew for sure.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Certified Members

the way i look at it, if you want a Ferrari type of GROWL, go flowmasters.

if you like something deep but a bit more tame, magnaflow will do it.

get big pipes, will breathe better .. S.S. if you can afford them, they last forever.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

Gold tips - they oxidize - look bad after about 6 months - I wouldn't if I were you.

Yep - get a custom exhaust - don't expect any return for your dollar when you sell it - but there is a lot of return if you go for smiles per mile! Duals shouldn't hurt your gas mileage - what will hurt it is when you keep punching it to hear the growl.

On a '91 eldo - no turn downs - would look strange - find a nice pair of angled chromes - or if you go stainless of the pipes - just polish up the stainless - looks great - easy to take care of.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: foxpaws

Gold tips - they oxidize - look bad after about 6 months - I wouldn't if I were you.

Yep - get a custom exhaust - don't expect any return for your dollar when you sell it - but there is a lot of return if you go for smiles per mile! Duals shouldn't hurt your gas mileage - what will hurt it is when you keep punching it to hear the growl.

On a '91 eldo - no turn downs - would look strange - find a nice pair of angled chromes - or if you go stainless of the pipes - just polish up the stainless - looks great - easy to take care of.
Fox,

i like the way you think !

Cadillacgirl,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncs1V3iq9-s

Quick Reply: Exhaust For 91 Eldy!