Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

97' Eldorado coolant flush tabs

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:39 PM
Default 97' Eldorado coolant flush tabs

Hello I'm new to the forums I've seen a wealth of information I have a question hope to get some help. I had my coolant system flushed I don't believe the shop used and coolant sealing tabs when adding the new coolant. I've driven maybe 30 -40 miles at most would it be safe to add at this point 3 tabs to the system or shall I have to do a full reflush? should these 3 pellets have been added at the time the service was performed? thank you

Old 04-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Certified Members

GM cooling tabs do two things lubricate and protect water pump seals and seal small coolant leaks (seeps). GM information stated anytime coolant is drained from engine, tabs should be installed to prevent water pump failure.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by slowroll
GM cooling tabs do two things lubricate and protect water pump seals and seal small coolant leaks (seeps). GM information stated anytime coolant is drained from engine, tabs should be installed to prevent water pump failure.
Thank you very much slow roll for this information.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:51 PM

I put them in when I redid my Eldorado and on the instructions it say to add them into the lower radiator hose...just a FYI

Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by kickasscadillac
I put them in when I redid my Eldorado and on the instructions it say to add them into the lower radiator hose...just a FYI
Thank you Kac, The shop did add an additive called RMI-25, I researched the product seems like a more of a cleaning agent of sorts after reading I've decided to reflush the system ( only drove about 50-60 miles) I will use the dex orange, distilled water 50/50 and 4 tabs/pellets. I'm sure the RMI product is fine for other engines just not the northstar 4.6L. Could I turn these 4 tabs into a powder mix with DEX and distilled water then add? here is product description. I read when this vehicle rolled off the line in 1997, 6 large tabs were added. I think I'm safe to use 4 small tabs. thank you for your help.

Cleans

Inhibits

Lubricates

Conditions

NON-TOXIC AND BIODEGRADABLE

Welcome to the official website of Nevada Coolant, LLC, makers of RMI-25. RMI-25 restores the additive package to your antifreeze. RMI-25 is a liquid consisting of a pH Stabilizer for acid/alkaline balance, an Oxygen Scavenger to prevent cavitation, erosion and cylinder pitting. A Lubricant for seals, hoses and water pumps. A Cleaner that breaks down rust, scale and corrosive deposits. These deposits are changed from solids to a soft floating harmless gel-like material. These dissolved solids will not recombine or form blockages in the cooling system. After a period of time the dissolved solids will purge out of the system and into the coolant recovery tank. In the case of vehicles with coolant filters the dissolved materials will trap in the filter. In a couple weeks of driving, a dirty system will be nearly clean. This cleaning action is continuous when engine is in operation. Once clean metal status is reached an organic barrier is then formed on the clean metal preventing further contamination. Water Conditioning is accomplished by a surfactant agent, improving heat transfer, making water more efficient than coolant itself.

If you’ve got more questions, please take a look at the product details or the Frequently Asked Questions. For you gear-heads out there, you can also check out the tech specs page.

The official website of Nevada Coolant, LLC, makers of RMI-25

Old 05-01-2017, 09:50 AM

Yeah I used the orange Dexcool and Distilled water. The instructions tell you to pulverize the tabs into a powder and then put into the lower hose.