How do you replacing a rear window switch (2006 DTS Luxury III)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Default How do you replacing a rear window switch (2006 DTS Luxury III)

Hi everyone,

I need to replace the rear window switch in my 2006 DTS luxury III. Does the door panel have to be removed for this? I saw a thread for an older Deville and a youtube video showing that the front switch can be removed by just pulling the switch panel out with a flat head screwdriver. But it doesn't seem so easy with the rear ones. Am I incorrect? Can someone post a step by step or show me a video/image post that shows how to remove the old window switch?

Also, can a flat head screwdriver be used to remove the panel as with my old Cherokee, or do I need the panel removal tool for these panels in order to not break them?

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Update: Removing the switch is easy. No need to remove the door panel at all. Just get a nonmarring flat tool and stick it underneath th window switch panel at the side cloesest to the front of the vehicle. There is a clip under there that needs to be pushed in and up and then the switch panel comes right out and you can change the switch.

ONLY PROBLEM IS THE SWITCH ISN'T MY ISSUE Something electrical. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this car? The Chiltons doesn't seem to have my vehicle wiring diagram at all. Does anyone know if it is identical to any of the other models' wiring diagrams? This Chilton sucks.