Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Trouble with My 2002 Cadillac Deville

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:48 AM
Default Trouble with My 2002 Cadillac Deville

No previous problems, just woke up one day and drove to work bout 5 miles away and the car started making a clicking sound while i was driving, next thing you know it completely turns off on me (except the electrical stuff. I turn the keys and it turns back on and it does this several times as i try to drive back home, and little by little the car isnt accelorating as fast as it usually does when suddenly theres a loud boom under the hood as i drive and the car shakes real real bad so i pull over off the highway and it turns off on me again. This time it wont turn back on. What happened to my car? I try to turn it on now and it just goes *click click click click click* under the hood. They checked it out and told me i had no oil, but i added half a quart just a month and a half ago. Yet the stick was dry. What could have caused the car to shake so bad that now it doesnt wanna start?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Angry

I suggest taking it to a mechanic. Northstar engines use a lot of oil, usually 1 quart every 1000 miles. If you can't get it to start, have it towed. The worst-case scenario is your engine is a goner. Usually, clicking sounds are a warning sign that the engine is out of oil and running dry. A *BOOM* under the hood, combined with vibrations while it runs is also not a good sign.

A mechanic will be able to tell you what is wrong, and how much it will take to get it back on the road. JASPER sells re-manufactured engines for $3000, but you need a mechanic to install it, with 3 year warranty.

TS

Old 02-23-2019, 12:16 PM

I have a Cadillac DeVille and it just newly broke down (it would turn over but would click quickly for about 30 seconds but would not start) i took it to my brother in law (who is a mechanic) at first, he thought it was the battery and had it charging but nothing happened but found out my starter was bad and also the crankshaft sensor was bad.