Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

91 Deville radio/antenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Default 91 Deville radio/antenna

Just picked up a '91 Deville. Sweet! I knew the power antenna did not work when I purchased itbut I can't get the radio to work either. Lights on the radio all on and time shows on display. Not Bose unit. Is there a connection between the nonfunctioning antenna and the radio I can't turn on?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 91 Deville radio/antenna

Hey Norton: About your radio.... You should have an antenna relay that might be the source of your problem. If the lights are on then everything should work, as far as good ground, etc. You should at least get a hissing sound even if te antenna isn't working. You may have to take the glove box liner out to get at the relay. If your car was equipped with a C.B. Transceiver you could also have a splitter for that and the radio to the antenna. Check also for the lighter fuse, sometimes they used this fuse to supply power for part of the radio or the power antenna. Good luck with that..............

Old 01-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Certified Members

Hey Norton: Back again, just found more diagrams that show the antenna relay in the relay convenience center, which should be right close to the fuse block. Hope that helps, and saves some time..................

Old 01-26-2007, 07:47 PM

brougham1, many thanks for the good tips and apologies for the delayed rersponce - still learning this site. Looks like I'll be spending some part of this weekend up under the dash - got's to love that! Can you, anyone, recommend a decent manual...Haynes...Chiltons? Sure would like to educate myself on these cruisers.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Certified Members

Hey Norton: In regards to your request for caddy literature. A great site is www.faxonautolit.com they have the manuals that the dealers mechanics used back in the day. I managed to get an electrical trouble shooting manual for my 1981 Brougham. Has been absolutely invaluable for seaching out all the little gremlins. The manuals run around $40 but well worth it. The Chiltons manuals are O.K. but when it comes to the electrical schematics the paper they use in the books doesn't copy well and it's very hard to read the small print. Haynes might do a better job. Good luck man.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks again there brougham1. I checked out that web-site - there's some good stuff there I'll have to pick up. Didn't get to dig into the electrics this weekend as it was just too damn cold. Leaning towards replacing the antenna and radio with new and hanging on to the original stuff for the next guy if they're interested.