Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Service Ride Control message after tire replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Default Service Ride Control message after tire replacement

I own a 1993 and a 1995 Cadillac Sedan Deville with 4.9 liter engines. The 1993 has 84k miles on second set of tires and the 1995 has 50K miles on original tires. I replaced the tires on my 1995 this week. When I returned home I noticed the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message was displayed on the driver information center. The speed sensitive suspension system controls the firmness of the car's ride by automatically controlling an actuator in each of the four struts. Whenever the control module receives an incorrect feedback signal for two successive igition cycles, an error code will be set in memory and a "Service Ride Control" will be displayed. On both of these vehicles the same Error message was generated after tire replacement. When it happened to my 1993 I took it into the Cadillac Dealership and paid dearly for the incompetent service work. I wound up replacing the electronic ride contolled shocks. Now it has happened on my 1995. This triggered my memory.I don't want to repeat what happened to my 1993. I have the service manuals to each of these vehicles. I have researched the Cadillac service manuals and have spoken to several technical reps that tell me that the Suspension Module has to be disabled whenever the vehicle is on a hoist that lets the suspension hang unsupported. Nothing is in either of the owners manuals or the service manuals. I appreciate hearing from anyone who knows how to prevent a reoccurance.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Default RE: Service Ride Control message after tire replacement

I have the same error message when i bought new tires

Old 09-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Service Ride Control message after tire replacement

Hey Guys: was wandering if it is possible to pull a fuse to disable the module prior to work being done. Not familiar with this system but it might help others to know, chow.