Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Reprogram Door Locking

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Default Reprogram Door Locking

Please help.

1. How do I program the locks to all doors to open when the car is put in park?

2. How do I program all the doors to open when I press the key fob once (twice never works)?

I am going insane. Every time I stop the car I hear the doors unlock, get out and grab the back door handle to find it locked. I have done this a thousand times since owning my low milage 2005 DeVille summer 2012. I do it every single day at least twice. I can't reprogram me - I've tried. IT happens every time. I can't put a sign on the dash board saying the back door is still locked. When I hear the lock unlock while shifting into park, my brain sends a sub conscious message that the doors are open. A similar problem with the fob, pressing twice but only the driver door opens and the hand grabs again at a locked door handle. I want to kick the window in. I love my DeVille, but I am going to have to torch it (I own it outright, no loan, no lien) if I can't fix this.

Please help.

I don't care about security with driver door only open feature. I don't need or want it. All doors open all the time, that's what I need.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 PM

How to program is in Owners Manual. If you don't have one you can download here.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM

Thanks for writing, Eric. I may have missed it then. There was a section on programming the fob to the car, but I did not find a way to reprogram the locking sequence. You wouldn't know the section, would you?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 PM

Information on vehicle personalization starts on 3-68 with detail on doors unlocking in park on 3-76.

On 2-6 re unlocking with fob it says: Press this button again within one to five seconds to unlock the other doors.

NOTE: WITHIN ONE TO FIVE SECONDS

The timing of pressing the button the second time is important.
No programming options available to my knowledge.

You should get familiar with your Owners Manual - there may be other options you would like to change. You could also download a copy and do a search when you have questions.

Edit: afterthought for example I have my car set to unlock when I turn the key off so I can put car in park for temporary stops without doors unlocking.

Last edited by EricD; 01-29-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM

Donnydeville, was EricD's latest post helpful for you? If you have any lingering concerns, please don't hesitate to send us a private message, and we can look into the matter further on your behalf.

Best,

Katie (Assisting Michelle), Cadillac Customer Service