Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Radiator hoses clip

Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Default 40 amp hvac fuse keeps popping

Hello all I have a 2000 deville DHS and just replaced the alternator and ac condenser. Now I have a problem with heat/ac in the front of the car. The rear works fine (it's on a separate circuit) but theres nothing in the front. I checked the 40 amp fuse and it was blown as soon as I put a new one in it blew right away. Where do I even start to find the source of the problem? On a side note the radio doesn't work either but the fuse is fine.

Last edited by Northstar is Hell; 04-29-2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: New issue
Old 04-30-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Certified Members

You need a wiring diagram to see what is powered by the 40a fuse. I would review what you did be sure there are no pinched wiring. The large Maxi fuses normally multiple smaller fuses. What is the 40a fuse for.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by slowroll
You need a wiring diagram to see what is powered by the 40a fuse. I would review what you did be sure there are no pinched wiring. The large Maxi fuses normally multiple smaller fuses. What is the 40a fuse for.
So here is my dilemma after installing the alternator, cooling fan, radiator, ac compressor I started the car topped off the fluids and let it run up to temp. Everything worked except the radio and front blower. I checked the fuses under the back seat and the 40amp fuse for the hvac blower was blown. As soon as I ploughed the new fuse in it popped right away. There were a couple of missing fuses that I put in 1being for the damper and 1 for the lock cylinder. I removed them and replaced the 40 amp for the hvac and it didn't pop but still didn't work. Now the trunk lid button and gas door do not work, which they did when I started the car.
I lost the alternator while driving and had to get it home on just the battery which ran all the way down, could this be part of the problem?
I pulled the codes and they are as follows:
DDM U1OOO HISTORY
IPC B1004 CURRENT
IMP B1004 HISTORY
IRC B1327 HISTORY
IRC U1000 CURRENT
IRC U1065 HISTORY
LRD U1000 HISTORY
MSM B1860 HISTORY
PDM B1586 CURRENT
PDM B1591 CURRENT
PDM U1000 HISTORY
RCC B10009 HISTORY
RIM U1000 HISTORY
RRD U1000 HISTORY
I have only taken it for about a mile drive at city speeds 35-40mph.
I am stumped and would like to not pay a dealer tons of $ if I don't have to so any help is appreciated.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Northstar is Hell
So here is my dilemma after installing the alternator, cooling fan, radiator, ac compressor I started the car topped off the fluids and let it run up to temp. Everything worked except the radio and front blower. I checked the fuses under the back seat and the 40amp fuse for the hvac blower was blown. As soon as I ploughed the new fuse in it popped right away. There were a couple of missing fuses that I put in 1being for the damper and 1 for the lock cylinder. I removed them and replaced the 40 amp for the hvac and it didn't pop but still didn't work. Now the trunk lid button and gas door do not work, which they did when I started the car.
I lost the alternator while driving and had to get it home on just the battery which ran all the way down, could this be part of the problem?
I pulled the codes and they are as follows:
DDM U1OOO HISTORY
IPC B1004 CURRENT
IMP B1004 HISTORY
IRC B1327 HISTORY
IRC U1000 CURRENT
IRC U1065 HISTORY
LRD U1000 HISTORY
MSM B1860 HISTORY
PDM B1586 CURRENT
PDM B1591 CURRENT
PDM U1000 HISTORY
RCC B10009 HISTORY
RIM U1000 HISTORY
RRD U1000 HISTORY
I have only taken it for about a mile drive at city speeds 35-40mph.
I am stumped and would like to not pay a dealer tons of $ if I don't have to so any help is appreciated.

I did have a code for IPC B0159 which is for the blower motor but I haven't taken out on the road since I cleared the codes, but the current list is what I have now. The rear blower works just fine but I know they are on separate circuits.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

You will need factory service information whether you subscribe alldata or Mitchell on demand or a digital manual. Since you have a code, the diagnostic chart should take you to the cause. The gas door and trunk are controlled by valet switch in glove box.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by slowroll
You will need factory service information whether you subscribe alldata or Mitchell on demand or a digital manual. Since you have a code, the diagnostic chart should take you to the cause. The gas door and trunk are controlled by valet switch in glove box.
I will see what I can find thank you. I do have the glove box removed right now so I can access the blower motor so that makes sense