Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

problem with instrument panel cluster

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Default problem with instrument panel cluster

Hello, I have a late model 94 deville, non norstar, and Monday night I left the car in the ON positon and did not get in the car till 2 days later and it was dead. I jumped the car off and when I got it started, the display, even the mileage read out and a/c control center is all black, no lights at all, only thing that comes on is brake, air bag, security and fasten seat belt lights at top of the display but that is it. I have checked all of the fuses that the book list with cluster in it, and I know it is not loose from the dash cause it was working monday night when I got home, and now it does not. I was wondering if there is a trick to reset the display, or is there anyway to test to see if it is burnt out, or if I am missing a fuse somewhere. Please help. THIS CAR is killing me..lol

Michael in Arkansas

Old 11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Default RE: problem with instrument panel cluster

I have the same problem on my 91 deville the a/c panel wont light up or the fuel gauges but everything else appers to be a ok anyone know what this maybe?????? I checked all fuses all are ok

Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: problem with instrument panel cluster

prairecwby get a service manual and check the wiring any ground wires and any power relays also check the positive cable to see if it has 2 positve cables like the 91 cad dose and if it dose make sure they are both clean and tighten.

erickirchey

check the wiring any ground wires.

positive cable to see if it has 2 positve cables make sure they are both clean and tighten.
may be a bad display.