Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

problem getting negetive vacuum A/C system on 98 DeVille after rplaced compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Default problem getting negetive vacuum A/C system on 98 DeVille after rplaced compressor

I have replaced the compressor, ac***ulator, and the orphas tube. We ran a vacuum on it several times trying to get the proper reading on the manifold gauges. But it always dropped almost immediately after disconnecting pump. Shot some dye in the lines and discovered that the connection on ac***ulator was bad. The Pin was damaged so we replaced it. But we are still having the same problem, but it just isn't dropping vacuum as fast. We thought to try and put a little freon in with the dye we may find the leak easier, but when we did that the low side had high pressure and the high side had low pressure. Pressed in the pin on the ac***ulator for a couple seconds and there was air in the line after all the vacuuming. Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix my a/c? I live in Florida and use it nearly year round here and my Windows don't go down on the drivers side front or back. So I can use the information.