Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

1976 Cadillac Coupe De Ville wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Default 1976 Cadillac Coupe De Ville wiring problem

Hi I am working on a 1976 Cadillac Coupe De Ville that has had a minor fire by the heater box under the hood. I have all of it rewired except i can not figure out a couple last things. First there is a 3 wire fuse (black plastic piece with 3 prongs). I am just wondering what colors out of the 3 go to what terminal. Again this is mounted towards the top of the heater box with 1 screw. The second part is a compressor ambient switch which is supposed to be mounted on the side of the heater box and indented into a round hole formed into a metal piece that is screwed to the heater box. This has 2 wires going to it and the part is not available through anyone that i can find. Does anyone know where I could get this part and also what wire goes to what terminal on that piece as well. Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can possibly help me with this problem. If you have any more questions I will be glad to answer them

thanks
Jhn Nore

Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 1976 Cadillac Coupe De Ville wiring problem

Well if you ever decide to come back to this website (which I hope since this thread is over a year old) and if you havent figured out (but I am sure you have) here is half of what you are looking for anyways.

I looked under the hood of my '76 and heres what I have& sure you have also.

(looking at how the relay ismounted)
This -> *= the position of wire connection on the "T" shaped pattern of the relay.

Top half:
*T -> Blue wire
T* -> Orange wire

Bottom is a Red wire and below that is a Yellow wire in a seperate connector.

As for the ambient air switch, I have nothing for part numbers. Chances are its a discontinued piece.