Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

New Member with 98 Deville needing some help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Default New Member with 98 Deville needing some help!

Hi Everyone. Sorry for the long first post, But I'm at a loss on this car!..

I bought a 98 Deville at a tow lot auction. I thought it would be an easy fix, the car came with no key's so i took the vin to the dealer and had new key's made thinking that would be all i need! Not!

the key would turn the ignition but the car would not crank over, and the dash cluster wouldn't work. So did my research and came to the conlusion that i needed to fix the cluster before i did anything else. so a stop at a junk yard and i had a cluster, and installed it, the cluster worked. but still the car wont crank.

so back to the internet. I found that that the GM Security System may still be causing the issue. so i bought a PRO Module that would bypass the whole security system.

Easy install and after going through the codes and finding the right one. the car cranks over. but still wasn't starting. checked the fuel pump, it's working. so next i checked for spark.. none!.

So I email the people that sold the PRO Module and they said that has nothing to do with the Security System. it only stops the starter and the injectors.. So I'm stuck with figuring out what to check next. Any Ideas what would cause the no spark?. according to the previous owner *I found paperwork in the car*. it ran great until the cluster went out. The car has under 90K miles. and looks super clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Eddie