Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Need some advice, potential Deville purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Default Need some advice, potential Deville purchase

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Cadillac Deville and I'm here for advice. My father has recently become disabled and can no longer drive his. He asked me if I'd be interested in buying his 2004 Cadillac Deville. It has just over 60,000 miles on it and is in overall good shape with the only problem I'm aware of being dry-rotted tires one of the window motors grinding (which I've found is probably their biggest complaint/problem).

What are the pros and cons of this model? What do I need to check for, look out for, etc. I'd like to have the car as I've only had a couple of DSMs (Mitsubishi Eclipses) for the past few years and this would be a significant comfort level upgrade for me.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if these questions are easily answered. I just had a few minutes at lunch and stumbled across this forum and thought I'd ask.

Thanks again!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:47 AM

In my opinion I would jump on it. Never had a Cadilliac before and will not drive anything else but a Cadilliac. Their just like a woman you take care of her she will take care of you. Proper maintenance a must. If you decide to purchase replace the the rubber vacuum hoses and tires. You also can purchase a window motor at the junk yard. The window motor is not visible so nobody will know where you got it from. I have an older Cadilliac and needed to replace items because of age and have no problems putting money into her. It's like driving in style sitting in a recliner. Wish you well on your decision

Old 04-01-2017, 07:43 AM

Purchased used 2000 DeVille in 2002 with extended after-market warranty. Car ran fine until minor oil leak in 2010 @ 85,000. Warranty company sited manufacturer defect, GM denied. Dealer convinced me to let them try to fix leak; they failed and said the engine could not be repaired and for me to tow it out of their facility or replace engine. I had new engine installed. Leak was minor and I should have just lived with it.

Have also lived with Check Engine Soon warning light for over two years. Changed both coils, mis-firing plug/boot, Crank Case Position Sensors, (both) three times but warning light keeps reappearing. Several knowledgeable Forum members have been responsive, but there are so many possible causes; I'm living with it. Otherwise good car, runs silent and comfortable. "Strongly" suggest Michelin Defender MXM4 SL, 245/50R/16 @ $130.20 + $30.00 from Mason @ Tire Rack!

Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 PM

Hello, all. I'm new to the forum and I recently purchased a used 2003 Cadillac Deville. I'm enjoying the car but I filled the gas tank up and that it said it's mileage range was 104. Surely that can't be right. Does anyone know what the mileage range should be for this model on a full tank and if it's wrong how do I correct it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Tech Certified Members

Range will improve as average MPG increases as you drive.