Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Navigation Disk Wont Load Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Default Navigation Disk Wont Load Problem

I have a 2002 Deville with the factory navigation system everything was working fine with the unit until I had a bad ground issue with the car and it would not start. Over the course of about two week and 2 completely dead batteries I have the car running fine.

On Thursday I went to use the navigation system, as soon as I hit the button to bring up the map to program in a location I get a blue box saying "insert MAP disk" I tried it a few times same thing, I removed the disk and cleaned it a couple differen't ways and nothing. I aslo tried sticking in a clean newer DVD movie from the house and it says "insert DVD disk" The 6 disk changer and the radio itself still work as normal.

So I did some searching both on this site and others and one posting I saw said there is a stored program in the unit that if the battery in the car/radio? goes dead it will loose the program and you would have to get a disk to reinstal it? Is this right? Is this disk available or do I have to bring it to the dealer$ to have it done?

Anyone have any info to help me out?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Anyone have any ideas?