Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Mechanic can't fix help $1400 deep already

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Default Mechanic can't fix help $1400 deep already

Hello my husband owns a 2003 Deville and we were getting that error code off and on for 3 weeks. My husband came home from work one day and then tried to leave to go to the store and the car was completely dead. We had it towed to a shop after many hours of trouble shooting ourselves. To date we owe the mechanic $1400 and he still does not know what is wrong with the car and can not get it started. He replaced the starter and put a new battery in because apparently whatever is wrong with the car it killed the starter and battery which were both fine up until the car mysteriously died. At this point for him to keep trouble shooting we will owe this mechanic more than the value of the car and still he may never be able to fix it. Any suggestions? I hope you can help. Thanks

Old 02-02-2016, 07:35 AM

I would take out all the spark plugs and see if the engine turns over that way. If it has a bad intake or head gaskets the coolant fills up the cylinder and will not allow the engine to turn over as it will not compress. Also if your mechanic has not figured that out yet probably worth a tow out of there.