Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

if not one thing its another...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Default if not one thing its another...

hello all, im back again!!!

if you dont know ive been haing coolant issues with my 94 concours almost since i got it. replaced the water pump, thermostat, heater core, radiator, and finally found out i had corroded gaskets from my water pump actuator housing into my block and intake manifold. So 20 hours later over 4th of july weekend and i replaced that gasket, as well as my intake and camshaft cover gaskets!!!... talk about one long job and one bada$$ sunburn.

anyways i am here now because i have a fw small issues, and one major one from all this "fixing" my neighbor and i did. first the small stuff: there are two connectors that i cannot for the life of me find where they go. the firsgt is up by where my coolant lines run into the heater core. it has a blue locking tab on it but i cant find anything anywhere by it that it would plug into. nothing noticible with this missing. The second plug looks like it is still together, but that the plug pulled right out of the wires on one side of it. this i think is where my problem lies. i is only a 3 wire connector, but it is down under my EGR area and they cruise control, etc where i pulled everything apart to get to my gaskets.

from doing all this work at the beginning of this month ive only noticed one major thing. before i could have my car running and the buttons to open the trunk and gas doors work unless im driving. now they dont work unless the car is powered off. the other MAJOR issue is that after 2 days of working GREAT my Cadi just wouldnt turn over. power to the dash and trunk and everything, but no cranking. So my neighbor came over and used his power spear and tested and at first i dont think i was getting CCA off the battery when i turned the key, but he used his starter on the probe and it turned right over and started no problem. i shut the car down and tried to turn they key, but nothing! so i put the shifter through all gears and tried starting to no luck, but after i did this and put it back in park for some reason it went over and started on its own! now its running good and starts on its own and everything...

somy issue is this, where do these plugs/connectors go? and where are the starter relay sensor and transmission range switch/ sensor at to see if its an issue with these sensors? my neighbor said it could be an issue with this. any other suggestions as to what it could be? thanks for all the help i get from you guys here, never been steered wrong before

Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 PM

so now im pretty sure its something to do with a small connector and my transmission range sensor, or whatever the name of the sensor is that checks what gear im in. I think this because of the things i mentioned above, plus today when i went to drive it i ntoiced that the locks didnt autmatically lock when it was runnning and shifted out of park, which also meant that when i locked them when driving they didnt unlock when i parked and shut the car off. On top of that, when i went out to double check these things, it sounded super hard shifting into drive, almost like it was being forced through the gears... makes me not want to start it even though i can now...

so i took some pictures of the connector and where it is in the engine compartment. I held it up, but it looks like it actually is supposed to go down towards the tranny. Unfortunately i cant see any wires that are dangling or seem to be pulled out of this connector from the top or bottom or the car. where can i find some blow-ups of the wires and where they should be connected for the tranny or ignition system at? thanks

Attached Thumbnails if not one thing its another...-img00126-20110717-1348.jpg   if not one thing its another...-img00130-20110717-1352.jpg   if not one thing its another...-img00129-20110717-1351.jpg  
Old 08-28-2011, 01:45 PM

i cant tell you exsactly what connerctor that is right off, i have an 88 Eldorado, so a bit different. looks pretty packed in under the hood. my guess... the other end is around somewhere, mightt be under one of the parts you took off. kinda sux, but might have to repeat taking off what you put on untill you find it. check the wire range also. you only get about 2" of slack, sometimes 3", but when you put it back together you might have changed the route of the wire to where it goes. sry for the not so helpful info... but my guess like i said the wire might have been re-routed when putting it back together, or the connector goes into another wired connector and is hideing under something where you wont see it.