Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

how to program a new keyless entry remote?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Default how to program a new keyless entry remote?

i have a 96 deville. i'm going to purchase a new keyless entry remote but the vender warns that there is a skill set in order to program the new remote to the vehicle. does anyone here know this programming process? any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Default How to program a new keyless entry remote

I know this is very late but I just learned some things myself. Maybe by now you have already solved this problem.
By your question I have to presume that you are talking about your transmitter that is attached to your key and you want to make it work with your existing remote keyless module that actually sends the signals to lock and unlock doors and trunk.
I have a 1991 Fleetwood FWD. What I tell you is relative to that car. Hopefully there is enough similarity to do the trick.
There is an open connector pointing downward along the transmission hump in the center near where the heater blows warm air. You need a mirror to see it. It is called the Assembly Line Diagnostic Link or ALDL. You jumper A and G pins (the book shows a fuse inline with the jumper but doesn't specify the value - that's probably incase you do something wrong it won't burn up the vehicle!). Pin G is opposite diagonally to the pin A and there is no pin on the opposing bank from G (I need a picture!). The doors lock and unlock and the trunk opens. Then you press any key on the transmitter for a couple of seconds and you hear the door lock going through the same process. Close the trunk and doors and try the remote transmitter. It should work. Then remove the jumper from the ALDL connector and retest your transmitter. Hopefully it will still work.
Good luck.
Jimmy