Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

HELP 93 Deville Skipping and idling problems?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Default HELP 93 Deville Skipping and idling problems?!

PLEASE HELP
My 93 cadillac deville is skipping intensively, eventually to the point where it will die out sometimes. Driving and idling it does this. I changed the fuel filter out trying to avoid buying a fuel pump, but its doing the same thing. Have some knowledge of cars but cadillac's are new to me. Trying to do everything at home if possible just not sure what I might need to start doing first. People I know that have looked at it have said the fuel pump, but on the the other hand others tell me its not the fuel pump due to it having pressure at the valve top of the motor. Others have told me the cat converter. So I went to look for it today and it looks as if its been removed in the past by previous owner. Last of all the problems that have been suggested to me, someone has recommended the plugs,wires, dist. cap, and rotor. So out of all these things I'm guessing I have a fuel, exhaust, or electrical problem? I'm no mechanic but have some knowledge like I said and I'm trying to do the repairs on my own to avoid shop prices. Can anyone recommended or give any opinions on what they think I should do first to start this journey of troubleshooting?
PLEASE HELP