Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Deville trunk pull down not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Default Deville trunk pull down not working

I replaced the motor and pull down mech, but still won't work. I replaced the fuse which looked like it could have been blown. Still nothing. Is there a relay or something that is not listed in the owners manual that could be bad?

Old 01-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Deville trunk pull down not working

It's always a great help to post the year of the DeVille you are inquiring about..

Old 01-16-2007, 10:13 PM

You could try nd check all the connections and wiring, since its in the trunk you could have a wire that was chaffed and that could be causing your problem. Especially since your blowing fuses.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 PM

My apology. It's a 92 Coupe. I'm really going crazy, and the bungy cord is getting look is getting old. I'd really appreciate your help. I will go back and track the wires for bad spots now. Also...the motor assembly I replaced it with is from a 93..but the guy assured me it would work on a 92. Hope I wasn't taken.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Certified Members

Hey Jay: Most of these problems will reflect a bad ground. If you have checked all the wires then that rules out ground issues. My specs. show that there should be a in line fuse, it should be a the center rear of trunk lid, near pull down unit. The wire should be orange/black and be a 20 amp. fuse. Hope this helps.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:43 PM

Thanks. Will Look for the orange black wire on the lid and try to find the fuse. Huge thanks!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:02 PM

if you can't find why the auto pulldown isn't working ... you can manually adjust the lower catch so the trunk closes like it does NOT have the pulldown. At least you can get rid of the bungee cord till you locate the problem.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Certified Members

if you want you can buy the regular nonelectric lower catch latch instead of having the electric pull down. i had slammed mine shut and broke mine so i went to a a "u pull it junk yard" and boughtthe nonelectric onebut later went back and got the electric one.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:28 AM

How do you manually adjust the pull down unit?

Old 05-27-2007, 09:52 AM

Never mind, I got it figured out and in the meantime the whole unit is working as new. I tmust have just been a stuck gear.

Quick Reply: Deville trunk pull down not working