Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

climate control colder on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Default climate control colder on passenger side

hello, I have a 2001 Deville with the automatic digital climate control. Finally it has becomewarm enough here in Pennsylvania for the air conditioning to come on. The air is blowing significantly colder on the passenger side of the car. The passenger climate controls are turned off, the vents are all wide open, and both sides seem to be blowing the same volume of air. The temperature difference seems more dramatic just after startup and seems to balance a bit after ten minutes or so but never really be right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, john

Old 05-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Default RE: climate control colder on passenger side

John, I feel your pain...my 96 Sevillejust starteddoing the same thing. Sorry, I do not have the answer. But I have a post on this same forum. Hopefully between the two ofus, we will geta resolution. justtalkin

Old 05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote from realcad

'Sounds like the vacuum that opens and closes the vents is not operating properly or one of the vents is stuck. If one duct is blowing warmer air it may be stuck open to draw heat off the engine or outside air that is much warmer than the A/C air. Note the function that you have selected (ie. A/C or economy/outside air vent openned or heat), then observe which duct is conducting the appropriate air temperature. You may have to select extremes in order to accurately tell the difference between the air current temperatures. If you select cold but get warm out of an isolated duct you may have narrowed your search to a faulty vacuum seal or a sticky vent at that point. As you are messing around with your controls and switching between heat and A/C you may hear the slight sipping noise of ducts closing against the vacuum or you may hear some other anomaly that gives you the clue that something is mechanically hung up inside.

Hope this hepls.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Certified Members

found these .. let me know if this was it ...

=====================

ORIGINAL: 2000ESC

My 2000 ESC climate control system is putting hot air out of the driver's side vents and cold air out of the passenger side vents. It makes no difference if the system is in "Auto" or "Manual". When I change the temperature setting, it does change the output temperatures but this "split" is still present. Cycling the passenger side controls also has no effect.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem?
ORIGINAL: remius21

same thing happen to me and i took out the glove box and i found that the mechanism controlling the vent had malfuctioned . and theres like a lil metal control arm that attached to it that opens or closes to control the air mixture
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_4578/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: _X_CaddyTech

If you take the glove box out there is an electric motor on the air distribution box. chances are this is the problem pretty easy to replace yourself and some aftermarket companies make them.....
https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_11158/tm.htm