Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

A/C interesting problem 1999 DeVille

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:56 AM
Default A/C interesting problem 1999 DeVille

I've been noticing an interesting problem lately with my 1999 DeVille. Car is 16 years old, but only 54,000 miles. Lately it hasn't been driven much, I don't know if this is part of the problem.

When I start the car, the A/C comes on normally, fan blowing full speed, for about a minute. Then for no apparent reason it shuts off! Then, generally after about another minute, it comes back on and works normally the rest of the trip.

Yesterday I went to the store. Temp is the 90's. I got in the car, A/C came on then went back off. It did not come back on, all the way to the store. I tried adjusting it cooler, nothing. I changed the fan setting from "auto" to "high" or other options, still nothing. I could not do anything from the dash to make the A/C come back on. I roasted all the way to the store.

On the way BACK, once again -- A/C came on for a minute and shut off. Then, a couple minutes later it came back on and was fine.

Does anyone have a clue as to what this might be?