Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Air ride suspension - where is the compressor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Default Air ride suspension - where is the compressor?

I have a '96 DeVille and the rear suspension seems to be too mushy. I am assuming that this model has the air ride suspension. Where is the compressor located for the suspension system and is there a way to test this?

thanks,

Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Air ride suspension - where is the compressor?

The compressor on my car is located behind the battery and attached to the drivers-side inner fender. Most often the problems are because of broken air lines to the struts....they are usually plastic lines....also the height sensor may have a problem with it being out of adjustment or a bad electrical connection. There are tests for the compressor using a VOM and an air-pressure gauge. Does the compressor run? Fuse check?

Old 01-16-2007, 03:39 PM

My battery is on the passenger's side and I do not see a compressor there. Although there is so much stuff packed in there it would be easy to overlook. If I can just find the stupid compressor then hopefully I can troubleshoot my problem.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 PM

I shouldn't have mentioned the battery location.....drivers-side inner fender is where to look. You maymistake it forsomething to do with the cruise control....it ain't....it's the compressor (air-pump)

Old 01-17-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at it this weekend and see what I can find.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:13 AM

I also have a problem with my suspension. would it be in the same place for a 94 model

Old 03-04-2009, 10:37 PM

97 deville compressor is under car on passenger side.. remove right rear tire for easier access.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:44 PM

i have a 96 and have pulled out the compressor before . It is located under the car between the gas tank and spare tire hump.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Default Air Compressor, 1986 deville

Thanks for some information I just read. When I turn the key on in my 1986 deville there is sound like something is running coming from the driver's side wheel well, I start the car the noise is still there and then in a minute the green light on the dash comes on saying the car is levelling, should that noise be there or should it not, don't know. If anyone does let me know please. I just got the car with 83000 miles on it. Thanks for all your help, the cars drives wonderful, didn't even need brakes or front end work, I'm getting all the fluids changed this week end, I did change the coolant and had the oil changed. Thanks again.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Default shock rot

considering the age of the car, check to make sure the rubber bladders on you shocks haven't dry rotted. my 97 had that problem when i bought it. squirt a little soap water on the rubber part when the pump is running.

Quick Reply: Air ride suspension - where is the compressor?