Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Default AC Problem

The AC on our 2001 DeVille is acting strange. It is blowing what feels like outside air through the driver side vents and AC air through the passenger vents. Then yesterday while we were driving it pieces of foam was coming out of the vents above the radio. Not alot and the pieces were small. Any ideas about what is wrong and how difficult it will be to fix? Thank You,

Wornslick

Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: AC Problem

Sounds like the door control that directs the dual zone has given it up.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. Will this be difficult to fix? I did a search here and did read about a motor that can be acsessed behind the glove compartment. If that isthe motor/control you are talking about, I am thinking I could make that repair myself.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:23 PM

We ended up taking the wifes Caddy to the dealership. They found out that the left side temperture actuator/motor was inoperative. They removed it and installed a new one. Good cold air for the Boss!!! They also put 1 can of freon in too. Total bill was $352.80. Thought I would post this incase someone else has this problem.

Wornslick