Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

AC & Dash Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Default AC & Dash Vents

Hey folks. '91 Deville well maintained and in very good shape. AC system rebuilt last year and worked terrific all last summer. This winter the defroster did not work well on the driver’s side but fine on the passenger side. Now that summer is here again the AC only comes from the defroster and floor vents, no dash vent action. By the way, I had the oxygen sensor replaced earlier this year…any vacuum lines nearby that could have been jostled? I’ve had the glove box out, and removed the panel below the dash to see how the air was supposed to be redirected. What a mess. After several hours, a sore back and a whole bunch of scratches on my hands I’ve given up…I’m too old for this under dash nonsense. Anyone out there who has experienced this problem and was able to fix it? Any isolated exploded views of the vent/heat/AC lines, vacuum system/lines, actuators, relays, solenoids and what not out there? Do***entation? Applicable links? Thanks loads.