Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

99 Deville Battery Drain Issue, possible bad PZM

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Default 99 Deville Battery Drain Issue, possible bad PZM

Model: Deville 4dr
Year: 1999

I am having a battery drain issue with my 99 deville. I did a battery drain test and found that it was pulling a current of 2.08amps while the car was off and suppose to be "sleeping". I let the vehicle sit for 15 mins before performing the test to make sure the RAP wasnt still working.

I narrowed the drain to the antenna fuse and comfort fuse located in the trunk. I also found a .200amp drain coming from the inadvert fuse under the hood. I then looked at the inadvert power relay and saw that one wire was completed corroded to the point where it seperated from the relay. I figure that was the issue with the inadvert fuse drain.

My antenna has been broken for a little while now and will not go down. I hear something grinding in the trunk as if its trying to go up or down but nothing happens. I assume thats why the antennna fuse is pulling some current.

My problem is the comfort fuse. The controlled power relay sounds like its working. When i remove the comfort fuse, and reinstal it, i can hear the fuse clicking on and off. The only way I have been able to stop my battery from draining is to keep removing and installing the comfort fuse.

After looking at some threads on here i saw that people were told to search for any codes related to the problem that were coming up. I had a few, but the ones that were interesting were
PZM B1558; PZM B2471

Its looking like i might have a bad Body Control Module PZM, but I wanted to know how I would be able to test it first. Do all signs point to a bad PZM? all the relays behind the back seat are in great shape, no wires seem loose or tampered with.

Thanks

Frank